how can i locate directions to edit standard format of archive downloaded.

how can i locate directions to edit standard format of archive downloaded.

our combined `effect
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

Re: how can i locate directions to edit standard format of archive downloaded.

Pedro
Hi,
could you explain it better?

Re: how can i locate directions to edit standard format of archive downloaded.

our combined `effect
Hello Pedro,

Nabble downloaded my files into standard format, for me to edit offline, if i understand right, how do i open the page to edit.

thank you kara

                        `i come to talk story

Re: how can i locate directions to edit standard format of archive downloaded.

our combined `effect
Hello Pedro,

please tell me when i download the archive Nabble has given to me in standard format, how long can i keep it to edit.

is their editing instructions somewhere to view.

also when i'm editing off line, can people still add online + then when we upload files does it add these other comments added during offline edit.

thank you, kara

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

Re: how can i locate directions to edit standard format of archive downloaded.

GregChapman
Hi Kara,

It is not expected that you will edit the archive file. It is there mainly as a backup, a snapshot of your forum as it was at the point you created it. It could be uploaded to Nabble again to restore a damaged forum or, possibly, it could be used to transfer a forum to another hosting service.

There is a related topic on the Premium Support forum that may be helpful:
http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/REPLACING-ALL-MY-FILES-IF-I-DELETE-THEM-BY-MISTAKE-td7310787.html

Re: how can i locate directions to edit standard format of archive downloaded.

our combined `effect
thanks,

perhaps i'm misunderstanding, Hugo long ago contacted me + stated Nabble created a service so i could take my files offline to edit, as i had asked.

can this be done another way + i just confused it with this process.

is it necessary then to upload the files back to Nabble, or just keep as back up.

good day, kara

                        `i come to talk story

Re: how can i locate directions to edit standard format of archive downloaded.

GregChapman
I think you may be referring to your post at:
http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/offline-viewing-ever-td4072039.html

What Hugo explained about there was the backup system that I mentioned, an XML format file that holds all the content of your forum.

In theory you could edit this, but as Hugo explained you then need a tool to import it back to your forum and there is still none available. It would be a complex, if not impossible, task as it would have to allow for messages posted to your forum between the time you made your backup and your edited version being uploaded again. Those messages might be relies to posts you had chosen to remove from your forum.

What Nabble can do with the XML file is re-load it to their servers, but I understand from his recent posts, that this has to be done as a new forum at a new address. There is still no way to merge your changes into an existing forum.

I wonder if you are asking the wrong question when you talk of "off line to edit" and we are misunderstanding what you want to achieve.

Why do you want to edit your forum off line? What is the advantage to you of editing off line?

Re: how can i locate directions to edit standard format of archive downloaded.

our combined `effect
thank you for all that,

no problem, i just thought working offline would save airwaves, since i spent so much time at it. i was trying to help you.

so thanks now i don't have to worry + i will just go online to edit.

you guys have done a great job for us all!

happy day! kara