help - for a newbie, why "See how NAML generates this page"

help - for a newbie, why "See how NAML generates this page"

PureAudioStream
can someone tell me why our forum / blog displays

See how NAML generates this page

I don't mind powered by...... but why the message "See how NAML generates this page"

Re: help - for a newbie, why "See how NAML generates this page"

GregChapman
The link is necessary for you to access the code that generates the HTML behind the forum.

One of the great benefits of Nabble is that you are free to edit the code provided by default and completely customise your Nabble application - much more than is provided through the user interface accessible to Forum Administrators.

Nabble does not allow you to remove the "Powered by Nabble" link. I don't know what the position is if should you should ask to make that link less intrusive.

Re: help - for a newbie, why "See how NAML generates this page"

Mencey Melgar
If what you want to do is change that text:

-click on "see how name generates this page"
-click on options(wheel) > search macro
-search "macro_viewer_page_link" and click on it at search results
-click on "override this macro", you will see this:
<override_macro name="macro_viewer_page_link">
</override_macro>

-if you change the text "See how NAML generates this page"  it will change the name of the link in your forum

E.g.

 <override_macro name="macro_viewer_page_link">
 </override_macro>

With this override, the "See how NAML generates this page " link will be renamed to "Naml"

Remember, this link is the "key" to edit your forum, so don't delete it or you will probably have several problems!

:) Helper

Re: help - for a newbie, why "See how NAML generates this page"

augidog
that's the same method i've used on my "register" and "logon" pages to remind new users to "READ our RULES before Registering."

i too like Nabble...it makes me feel like i understand coding.