forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

tunist
hi,
i just received notification that the garbage monitor code has highlighted a forum i have setup for deletion..
i visited the forum and there was a box that contained text along the lines of 'click here to stop the deletion'..
but there appears to be no link or button encoded into the text.. clicking does nothing..
what do i do to stop the deletion?
thanks

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

☪Not_A_Admin
If you dont need it , let it be deleted, if you do need it, try clearing all your cache etc. And have another attempt at it.
If it still dont work, not sure what you can do besides easily remake it and move the posts?

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

tunist
i do want to keep the forum active.. the site that it is built into is not being actively promoted at present but does get traffic.

in google chrome the button does nothing.. in firefox i can press it but the javascript function that is meant to launch doesn't seem to be being triggered.

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

John Yeoman
I had a comparable problem. Nabble sent me an email that one of my forums was about to be deleted. Help! That's an archive forum that hasn't gone live yet. I don't expect it to get visitors as yet. But its content is priceless.

Clicking on the email link got me a message: 'Link broken'. I found the only way to renew the forum was to access it at the Nabble site itself, by pasting into the browser window the Nabble link embedded at the forum. Then I was able to click the 'Do not delete' button.

Maybe the link problem lay in my web page: it had been password protected.

BTW: Hugo, if a forum is deleted - because we don't get around to renewing it (or the link doesn't work) - can the forum be recovered? And will it be scheduled for deletion every three months of inactivity thereafter?

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

cherryboy
I have the same problem, I can't click on the button, no matter WHAT I do

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

I can't reproduce this problem. Please post the link to your application and I will take a look.

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

John Yeoman wrote
Clicking on the email link got me a message: 'Link broken'. I found the only way to renew the forum was to access it at the Nabble site itself, by pasting into the browser window the Nabble link embedded at the forum. Then I was able to click the 'Do not delete' button.

Maybe the link problem lay in my web page: it had been password protected.
I don't understand why the link didn't work. Maybe you can send me the link to investigate if the problem persists.
John Yeoman wrote
BTW: Hugo, if a forum is deleted - because we don't get around to renewing it (or the link doesn't work) - can the forum be recovered? And will it be scheduled for deletion every three months of inactivity thereafter?
It can be recovered if you give us the backup files, which can be generated by clicking on "Options > Download archives". Nabble has daily backups running on all servers, but we back up the whole database at once. So extracting a single forum from those backups is not an option. Users should save their local copies in case their apps get deleted.

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

befana
I have the same problem with this forum
http://acompa-amiento-coordinadores-departamentales.955157.n3.nabble.com/
I get the  message:
This forum will be deleted soon!
Nabble has scheduled this forum to be deleted on Nov 19, 2010; 03:00am due to its inactivity.
Click on the button below if you want to save this forum from deletion.

When I click the button don't delete this forum, I get the message:
Success!
This forum is not scheduled for deletion anymore.

But, when I refresh the forum I get the initial message again

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks for the link. I found the bug and this will work fine after the next release (~next monday). For now, users should post links to their apps under this topic so that I can fix them.

ok thanks; my forum is at www.growforall.co.uk
then click 'forum'.

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

Hugo <Nabble>
Fixed.

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

befana

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

Hugo <Nabble>
Fixed.

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

afranco
Hello Hugo,

I'm having the same problem with this forum:

http://media-tech-at-middlebury.958043.n3.nabble.com/

The "don't delete" button isn't working.

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

Hugo <Nabble>
Fixed.

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

Sportsground
Hi there, I am experiencing the same problem with:

http://kiwi-softball-forum.969835.n3.nabble.com/

Cheers

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

Hugo <Nabble>
I don't see the deletion notice on that forum. Please force a refresh (F5) and check again. You may try deleting your browser's cache.

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

Sportsground
If this has been posted twice I apologise. I am experiencing the same problem with:

http://kiwi-softball-forum.969835.n3.nabble.com/

Cheers

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

Hugo <Nabble>
My previous reply was to you. There is no deletion notice there, so you should clear your browser cache or try another browser to make sure you see the right page.

Re: forum marked for deletion -> button doesn't work

Sportsground
Many thanks. I have just received your email, and you are correct, the message is not displayed now.. Before posting I had refreshed my browser as well as tried it in new instances of 4 other browsers with no luck.

Thank you so much for your help