embedded won't work(not using frames)

xbeast
This post was updated on .
I have a site here
and the forums are embedded (watch as it loads) but then nothing appears

When I load the file from my computer it loads fine but from the internet nothing works.

I am running(if that helps)
xubuntu
firefox 3

EDIT: forgot to mention that it worked last night

hmm weird seems to be working now

Re: embedded won't work(not using frames)

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
You don't need to use any frames. Just copy and paste the embedding script into your html, it should just load up and running. Let us know if you have any problems.

Re: embedded won't work(not using frames)

xbeast
I switched to phpbb forums because my host already provided it

but i like what you got going here

Administrator
Thanks for letting us know. I am really curious, why are you looking for a new forum in the first place? This will be a great insight for us if you don't mind me asking...

Re: embedded won't work(not using frames)

xbeast
phpbb is server based forums on which all members register on my website and I have alot more control over them. You might want to get one and look into it to see how you can make Nabble better.

I have a gaming clan for a game that is like Counter Strike called Urban Terror but ten times more competitive. Forums are a really successful way for communicating to people in the gaming community and esp. with my members.

Re: embedded won't work(not using frames)

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
xbeast wrote
phpbb is server based forums on which all members register on my website and I have alot more control over them. You might want to get one and look into it to see how you can make Nabble better.
I know phpBB pretty well. So, in your opinion, which of the phpBB's control is the most important that Nabble should copy?

Re: embedded won't work(not using frames)

xbeast
mostly the administration features and possibly adapting nabble to be serverside instead of remotely on nabble servers

Re: embedded won't work(not using frames)

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
I'm not trying to get you back on nabble. It's just curiosity.

It seems that you don't like being "remotely" hosted, but your site is remotely hosed on 900megs.com, so is your current forum.

So, I think you probably mean that you prefer your site and forum be on the same server.

Re: embedded won't work(not using frames)

xbeast
yea i don't like having a million different accounts. I like it all in one place. 900megs had support for it already

and i can ftp into the forums and backup the whole thing if it crashes.

Re: embedded won't work(not using frames)

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Thanks for the note. I really appreciate you telling me all these. Best wishes to your site and your clan.