email address showing

merican
Still testing forum   http://2cents.natchezms.us   . Often when clicking "Send email to" the email shows the sender's actual email address to the recipient rather than the nabble system id. This is not good as email addresses are supposed to be private.

Perhaps this is do to the fact that all members (3) were created by me  and the system is  confused (??) or maybe a system glitch

e-mail addresses not disclosed

Graham Perrin
merican wrote
… Perhaps this is do to the fact that all members (3) were created by me …
I guess that's the case. For the three people at <http://n2.nabble.com/forum/People.jtp?forum=3500303> I see no e-mail addresses at any of the following:

* <http://n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=user&user=266503>
* <http://n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=user&user=267044>
* <http://n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=user&user=269271>

Re: e-mail addresses not disclosed

merican
Sorry I took so long - I was out of town.

I think I misled you: I logged out as admin, registered the others (one at a time) through the regular registration system. I clicked  on the links above and sent emails which went through BUT showed the email address of the sender (me)(admin)?????????????

I logged out (of the nabble forum) logged back in as scramble391 sent email to booyjoe and it SHOWED scramble391 email address???

Re: e-mail addresses not disclosed

Hugo <Nabble>
The email of the sender must go with the message because the sender must receive replies by email. What do you suggest?

Re: e-mail addresses not disclosed

merican
I Completely misunderstood the messaging system. I thought (as sometimes happens) the the sender was coded (nabble98439-something or other). If the default is "clear email address" so be it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding

John

Re: e-mail addresses not disclosed

merican
Like this:

"Hugo <Nabble> (via Nabble)" <ml-user+36-98969687@n2.nabble.com>        (Add as Preferred Sender) ?
Date: Thu, Aug 27, 2009 9:29 pm
To: merican <john@natchezms.us>

Re: e-mail addresses not disclosed

merican
Or this:

  Re: The city's money probs

ml-user+267044-385487804@n2.nabble.comml-user+267044-385487804@n2.nabble.comml-user+129695-798167493@n2.nabble.comml-user+269271-1696358660@n2.nabble.comml-user+269271-1696358660@n2.nabble.com
From:
"scramble391 (via Nabble)" <ml-user+269271-1696358660@n2.nabble.com>        (Add as Preferred Sender) ?
Date: Mon, Aug 24, 2009 8:33 am
To: merican <john@natchezms.us>

Re: e-mail addresses not disclosed

merican
YES - YES

I clicked reply on the above email (From:
"scramble391 (via Nabble)" <ml-user+269271-1696358660@n2.nabble.com>        ) and it went right thru to the right place

Re: e-mail addresses not disclosed

The encoded emails from Nabble - like those you have posted - map to a thread, not a user. So if a user replies to an email like that, the reply will be added to the thread as a new reply. Currently we don't have a way to map an encoded email to a user (sorry).

Re: e-mail addresses not disclosed

merican
OK  - Now I do understand.

Thank you for your patience