downloading archives

Cara
Thanks for making me the administrator for my forum; that's working fine. Now I want to download my forum so I can be sure to keep it. I pressed "download archive" > "start archive generation" and it went just fine-done in a moment. I saved it to my computer; it was a zipped file. Then I went to open it to confirm it was all there, and this is all I got:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <node>
  <field name="exportId" type="long">765154</field>
  <field name="kind" type="string">APP</field>
  <field name="ownerEmail" type="string">cdecost0@email.cpcc.edu</field>
  <field name="ownerName" type="string">Cara</field>
  <field name="subject" type="string">Absolute Truth</field>
  <field name="message" type="string" />
  <field name="msgFmt" type="char">t</field>
  <field name="parentId" type="long">0</field>
  <field name="whenCreated" type="date">1272546142042</field>
  <field name="type" type="string">mixed</field>
  <field name="isGuessedParent" type="boolean">false</field>
  <field name="mlPlainTextOnly" type="boolean">false</field>
  <field name="mlIgnoreNoArchive" type="boolean">false</field>
  </node>

Did I do something wrong, or is this all I will ever get, and does it mean anything that will help me?

Thanks!

Re: downloading archives

Harvey
This is what is happening to me. Not getting a real download of archives. On both my apps.

Re: downloading archives

Hugo <Nabble>
I'm looking into this issue.

Re: downloading archives

Cara
If this helps, I also received this email later:

Dear user,

An error occurred during archive generation of the "Absolute Truth" forum:

java.lang.RuntimeException: redirect url not found: -f765154.html
       nabble.model.export.Export.export(Export.java:145)
       nabble.model.export.Export.run(Export.java:88)
       java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

You may post a message about this problem in the Nabble Support forum:
http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/

Regards,
The Nabble team

Re: downloading archives

We fixed this problem. Please try again and let me know if you still have issues.

Re: downloading archives

harvey44
Got s gOod backup out of the forum but not the newspaper.

May have been operator error.  ;)

Question... Does the backup cover our css or just content?

Re: downloading archives

Hugo <Nabble>
harvey44 wrote
Got s gOod backup out of the forum but not the newspaper.
Please try again with the newspaper and let me know if you still have issues. If you get an error by email, please post it here.
harvey44 wrote
Question... Does the backup cover our css or just content?
Just content.

Re: downloading archives

Harvey
I cant make the newspaper work.

I dont get an error message, I get an email telling me it was successful.

But when I click on the link, there is no zip file to download, and the page never full loads.

It worked fine on the forum.

Re: downloading archives

Cara
Well, it worked better this time. It actually saved the data I wanted, but it still had all the random stuff like this...
<field name="exportId" type="long">765172</field>
  <field name="kind" type="string">POST</field>
  <field name="ownerEmail" type="string"></field>
  <field name="ownerName" type="string">Cara</field>

Is there not a way to just save the text, or better yet, the whole forum (with formatting) to my computer? That would be #1 on my nabble wishlist (to respond to another thread), #2 would be ability to adjust the width of the forum, #3 would be ability to make the background colored or transparent instead of always white so it might fit better with my blog (though maybe those are all available and I just don't know it :-)).

Re: downloading archives

I fixed the problem, please try again and let me know if you still need help.
Thanks for reporting this issue.

Re: downloading archives

Cara wrote
Well, it worked better this time. It actually saved the data I wanted, but it still had all the random stuff like this...
<field name="exportId" type="long">765172</field>
  <field name="kind" type="string">POST</field>
  <field name="ownerEmail" type="string"></field>
  <field name="ownerName" type="string">Cara</field>
This is a standard format called XML.
Cara wrote
Is there not a way to just save the text, or better yet, the whole forum (with formatting) to my computer? That would be #1 on my nabble wishlist (to respond to another thread)
No, not yet. We may add this in the future, but the XML format above should allow you to import this date into any system with some programming work.
Cara wrote
#2 would be ability to adjust the width of the forum, #3 would be ability to make the background colored or transparent instead of always white so it might fit better with my blog (though maybe those are all available and I just don't know it :-)).
You can use CSS (cascading stylesheets) for this. This is available in the "Options > Editor > Change appearance" page, but you have to understand CSS to change this. We will start the premium support forum in one or two days. So if you decide to join that forum, I can make these changes for you.

Re: downloading archives

Cara
No, not yet. We may add this in the future, but the XML format above should allow you to import this date into any system with some programming work.

Well, that would be nice, as I know absolutely nothing about programming (or CSS, for that matter) :-) But for now, I'm satisfied... thanks for all your help!