delete my posts

zohan
hello
my name is zohar and i would like to delete an old post of mine that i wrote a long time ago. when i wrote it i wasn't register user and i just use my my email address and my full original name. where ever someone search my name on google this post could and still can be found on the result.

i registered just now and created an account with the same email address. i did it because i thought it might give me an access to my previous posts.  i did it also because, that according to the Nubble help page, it possible to use the same mail as register user.

someone have any idea if i can remove this post myself or how to contact the website owner?
the post: http://selenium.10932.n7.nabble.com/Selenium-webdriver-installation-td51070.html
thanks

Re: delete my posts

GregChapman
Hi Zohan,

From what I see it appears that what you wrote was posted to a GoogleGroup and only appears on Nabble's servers because someone has chosen to create an archive of that group. If it was deleted from the archive then it would still appear in search results as it would still be where you originally posted it.

Even if you did successfully get your post deleted from both groups you still would not have the right to get the replies to your post deleted which contain all the same information, so your request seems more than a little pointless.

Also, you don't have "accounts" at Nabble you "register" at individual forums. Have you registered at the forum/archive where the post appears? If you do you may be able to delete your post or change the username that appears against your post. However, the quote of your full name in other people's posts will not change making the whole process pointless.

I am afraid that everyone has to live with their past on the Internet.

Re: delete my posts

zohan
hi
thanks for your reply
first of all i didn't understand what you said about the Nabble accounts. i opened an account, contain user name profile and etc. now about my post: i dont remember where i was originally posted it, but i think changing  my username in that page will be enough, because none of the repliers used my full name in their posts.

the problem is the same: i dont have access this old username, in order to change it.

there is a way to contact the website owner and explain him the situation?

Re: delete my posts

GregChapman
If you go to the page where the topics are listed you see that the list archive was created by "Hugo <Nabble>". You can click on that name (or any username you see on any Nabble forum) and you'll reach a screen where you can email that person.

In this case it might be better to wait for Hugo to respond here, as he is one of the Nabble staff.

Re: delete my posts

zohan
i dont find his name where you said it will be. could you be more specific? . maybe he is not gonna notice this post soon. can you please send me a link to his profile?

Re: delete my posts

geofredo soleado

Re: delete my posts

GregChapman
Hi Geofredo,

That's where you write for support here. Technically, this is the page to reach the administrator of the Selenium Users forum.
http://selenium.10932.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_nodes&user=1