dates mixed up on posts within a thread!

dates mixed up on posts within a thread!

ADMINY
why are some of the dates not in order within threads on my forum.
example here.
look at the date and time of posts...mixed up.
http://n2.nabble.com/When-Santa-loses-his-job-tp4046245p4046245.html

Re: dates mixed up on posts within a thread!

Hugo <Nabble>
Branches are sorted by last post date in threaded view (recent branches on top). Some users have requested a threaded view that sorts ascending instead of descending. We will probably offer this in the future.

Re: dates mixed up on posts within a thread!

ADMINY
no i dont believe you understand the problem. dates and times of posts within a thread are not in chronological order in some threads, but are in others. one user has updated their signature, it seems to be this user that has caused this to happen, her posts seem to have jumped up the topic at the time she updated her signature. is this possible. the forum seems to have recognised her updated sig as a new post and moved her old post up.

Re: dates mixed up on posts within a thread!

ADMINY
ive asked for the Sig to be removed it is a self updating Christmas countdown, the forum seems to be recognising new info as anew post and moving her old posts up the list.
Thanks anyway.

Re: dates mixed up on posts within a thread!

Hugo <Nabble>
I don't understand what the problem is. The signature doesn't affect the post date/time and you are probably confused about something else. If you still see the problem, you may describe which user and which post is out of order.

Re: dates mixed up on posts within a thread!

ADMINY
On LOTS of my threads the posts are out of order. the time and date that people reply are all mixed up...look here at the time and date of the posts. they are not in order.
The order of the replies are like this....

Nov 27, 2009; 08:38pm

Dec 02, 2009; 05:23pm

Dec 03, 2009; 07:37am

Nov 27, 2009; 10:31pm
etc...

they are not in order of the time they were posted.

http://n2.nabble.com/Madalyn-Murray-O-Hare-tp4077406p4077406.html

Re: dates mixed up on posts within a thread!

ADMINY
Do you see, my threads are all mixed up out of order?
I understand that the most recent posts make a topic jump to the top of the forum, but it seems within the topic itself the most recent posts within a Topic are jumping to the top of the thread, making them all out of order. i cant remember this happening before, has it been changed.
In the past you would have to scroll to the bottom of the topic to read the latest reply. now the latest reply is near the top and then older ones beneath.
 for instance in this thread here, where me and you are responding to each other, our posts are all in order of the time we posted. on my forum they are not...some of the later posts have moved up.
see i dont meen on the board i mean, Within a topic.
look here in threaded view. (i use classic view but this is easier to copy)
the dates of the replies are mixed up. not in order

 Nov 22 MissAnkleBiter When Santa loses his job - so tell me, what does happen when santa loses his job? Loading...

 08:13am SantaSam 1. I am officially retired. (Chief Santa Helper, Elves Local 3889) 2. I do 2 parades a year, just like every other... Loading...

 Nov 22 Rumpelstiltskin Santa will only lose his job when people become too skeptical, when people become too self centred instead of being... Loading...

 Nov 22 MissAnkleBiter what i mean is...you are santa. What happens if you have no money to be santa? Do you then tell your kids that there is... Loading...

 06:11am Indigo_Panda When things were bad for my mom (divorced, no job, no car, ) she still made Christmas happen for us kids. Presents... Loading...

 Dec 02 TRAFFY I read one story about it. They were like 7 kids, and the parents had no money. So one of the sons collected old things,... Loading...

 Nov 22 Rumpelstiltskin Well when that happens it happens. It depends how you bring your kids up as to how they will react when you tell them... Loading...

 Nov 22 sassie77 Xmas was always a hard time for my family growing up. My parents worked hard and so did I. It always seemed that we... Loading...

 Nov 22 sassie77 oh and to top it off, the day after xmas when your "loved ones" return what you did give them for "cash value"....that... Loading...

 Nov 22 MissAnkleBiter my family is pretty understanding. Its the crime in philly thats irritating. Theres always crime here, its just worse at... Loading...

 04:24am Punkin Well, I'm planning on having a great Christmas this year. My family is coming over (from abt 3 hrs west of here) and I... Loading...

 Dec 02 dragonslayer384 santa wont lose his job has soon has this christmas is over he will be back in his work shop resting and then planning... Loading...

 Dec 02 Charming Sunset Includimg us BIG kiddies too! Loading...

 Dec 02 dragonslayer384 hi charming and what do you want santa to leave in your stocking this christmas. christmas is so magical seeing all the... Loading...

 Dec 02 Charming Sunset I always pray for a white christmas, but usually come the next day! LMAO!!!!!!!!!! Anything will do in my stocking. But... Loading...

 Dec 02 Charming Sunset Santa's going to lose his job? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loading...

 Nov 22 sassie77 Hmmmm, I wondir where he files unemployment??? State worked in or lived in...hopefully it's not CA! heheh, he might just... Loading...

« Return to forum | 67 views

Re: dates mixed up on posts within a thread!

Hugo <Nabble>
I don't see where the problem is. It always worked like this. Note in the image below how the branches are sorted. The first branch (1) has the most recent post. All other branches (2-7) are sorted by its last post date. As I said here, some users want to have this sorted in chronological order. We will do this next year after we release the template feature.

If you still see a problem in this image, please let me know the order of branches you think it would be the correct one.

Re: dates mixed up on posts within a thread!

buslady
Hugo, we are having the same issues on The Guiding Light forum.  It's not the list view...it's the Classic view where the posts have always run in the order they've been posted...that is up until a few days or so ago and now they are all out of order.

Re: dates mixed up on posts within a thread!

Hugo <Nabble>
I can finally see the problem. We are working on a fix now and the next release will solve this problem. Thanks a lot for reporting this.

Re: dates mixed up on posts within a thread!

buslady
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
You're welcome...and thank you in advance!

Re: dates mixed up on posts within a thread!

ADMINY
AHHH the penny finally drops thank God...THANK YOU LORD. only joking thanks Hugo. and thanks buslady for backing me up.