data security and privacy

mmt

data security and privacy

mmt
how secure is my information on the forum if I want to use it as a private AND confidential forum
mmt

Re: data security and privacy

mmt
I meant if the forum is used in embedded form from my private intranet site

Re: data security and privacy

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
We do have a private forum feature. You simply need to make your forum a private forum. Go to your forum, use Options->Users->Who can view & post, set it "Only authorized can view & post", and add users below. This is pretty simple but may be cumbersome if you have a large number of users. Let us know if that's the case.

If you just rely on your private intranet, your forum and post can still show up in search result when user search from nabble home.

Re: data security and privacy

KennyK
I'd like some clarification on that last post please...

I've setup a private forum and I'm trying to determine just how private it will be; some of the information posted will be proprietary to the company I work for.  I want to know if any posts to this private forum will be viewable by anyone outside of the forum, ever.

The Nabble terms of use states: "You grant Nabble a license to republish and sublicense the publication of your content in whole or in part and in any form."  This makes me think my nabble2 private forum is ultimately non-private, and may be inappropriate for some of the intra-company, proprietary content I have in mind.

Alternatively, is Nabble2 available for downloading so that it can be hosted by organizations for purely internal forums?

thx, K

Re: data security and privacy

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Both Yahoo and Google offer private forums. You can check what their terms are. I suspect it won't be very different from ours. Yet people use private forums there for personal private matters. I don't know what more we can do for you if you think we may make people's private forums public.

As for the installed, yes, we may offer one in the future, but it's not ready yet. So, if you are interested, please check back sometimes.