combining sub-forums

vinmansbrew
Is there a way to combine sub-forums? I have 2, and while different, members seem to think it would be ok to combine them.

Re: combining sub-forums

GregChapman
Unfortunately the only way to merge sub-forums is to move all the topics, one at a time, within one to the other.

If that task is too big to contemplate I would take a longer term approach...

Change the permissions on one of the sub-forums to prevent new topics and replies. Change the description to indicate it's closure and flag the other with a link for continued discussion. Then as the new pattern of use emerges, if necessary, move any topics from the closed one to topics in the open sub-forum. The posts in the merged topics will appear in correct date order with all reply links still in place. Eventually, you can hide the closed forum by removing it's view permission or,better still, use the "Smart Application Pages" feature under:

Options > Application > Extras & Add-ons > Content

Re: combining sub-forums

vinmansbrew
I just went with option 1. I moved thing manually. Tedious, but things got moved.