changing user status

our combined `effect
Hello,

i notice my onces selected user choices are changed, is it necessary for me to go into each subcatagorie + there subcategories to check for this often?

i thought once i set them they would stay.

specifically i'm choosing for some for them to add topics, also for all to respond to messages.

but when inherit - specifically in responce to beable to respond to messages, the last 2 choices are not automatically checked, why is that? curious.

thank you, kara

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

Re: changing user status

GregChapman
our combined`effect wrote
i notice my onces selected user choices are changed, is it necessary for me to go into each subcatagorie + there subcategories to check for this often?
Are you referring to "Permissions"? Permissions are normally inherited from the parent, so any sub-category will inherit the permissions of the category in which you have placed it.

I do not understand the organisation of your site, so I cannot advise further.
i thought once i set them they would stay.
Once you set permissions they do stay and any sub-category inherits the permissions from its parent. If you change the permissions of a sub-category, this over-rides the inherited permissions, but will not change the permissions of the parent.
specifically i'm choosing for some for them to add topics, also for all to respond to messages.
If, for example, your top level category bans people from posting new messages, then all sub-categories will inherit this feature. If you want people to to create new topics in sub-categories then you do need to over-ride that permission in every sub-category - but once set in that sub-category it will stay until you change it.
when inherit - specifically in responce to beable to respond to messages, the last 2 choices are not automatically checked, why is that?
Unless you change a permission in a sub-category any individual permission will be inherited from the parent.