can new forum read old posts

mikenereson
I just created a new forum in nabble2 and hooked it up to my mailing list. I certainly expected the new forum to go dig up all of the old posts and list them. It has been hours and it has not done so yet. Will it? Can I get it to do that somehow?

Re: can new forum read old posts

mikenereson
Hmm been a few weeks on this. Can I please get a response from an admin or someone who has asked this question before? Thank you.

Re: can new forum read old posts

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Somehow I missed your previous question, sorry. No, the answer is no. There is no way to get your old posts without you somehow giving us those posts. We cannot crawl your pages, even if we do, some info are missing from those pages. You can try ask Google groups to give you a mbox download. They may or may not give you that. If you can give us a mbox of your old mailing list archive, then we import it.

Re: can new forum read old posts

mikenereson
Hmm I thought you'd be able to do it with the RSS. Oh well.

Thanks for the response. I noticed that you had responded to most every other post and was curious as to why not this one. I guess it just slipped by you.

~ Mike Nereson

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 1:23 AM, Will ?Nabble? <[hidden email]> wrote:
Somehow I missed your previous question. No, the answer is no. There is no way to get your old posts without you somehow giving us those posts. We cannot crawl your pages, even if we do, some info are missing from those pages. You can try ask Google groups to give you a mbox download. They may or may not give you that. If you can give us a mbox of your old mailing list archive, then we import it.