can my list have multiple email addresses?

can my list have multiple email addresses?

angell
We are using nabble2 to archive our open source community mailing lists (housed externally) and people email those lists using one of two similar email addresses, eg:
sakai-dev@collab.sakaiproject.org
sakai-dev@sakaiproject.org

Is there a way to archive messages sent to either address?

Re: can my list have multiple email addresses?

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
You can try put the same nabble archive address on the subscriber list for both lists. A potential problem is that if an email is sent to both lists, it will get double archived on Nabble.

Re: can my list have multiple email addresses?

angell
There aren't two different lists, just one list that one can address with two different email addresses.

Is there a way to get the nabble to archive messages whether they are addressed to either address?

Right now, messages are being ignored if they are addressed to sakai-dev@sakaiproject.org, because the nabble archive is subscribed to the list at sakai-dev@collab.sakaiproject.org.

From: Kevin Chan <kevin@media.berkeley.edu>
To: sakai-dev@sakaiproject.org
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:14:59 -0700
Cc: jira-admins@sakaiproject.org
Subject: Feedback on network configuration modifications to Sakai
 Jira/Confluence

------=_Part_44892_21691538.1225498910203

Hi all,

After some testing between our sysadmin and Michael Korcuska (thanks
for volunteering!), the service that is hosting the Sakai Jira/
Confluence has undergone some network modifications that will
hopefully smooth the way for those of you who have had trouble
accessing these sites.

So if you experience any access issues starting today, please let us
know at jira-admins@sakaiproject.org and we will pass those along to
our sysadmin for further evaluation.

Thanks,

   Kevin Chan
   kevin@media.berkeley.edu

   Operations Team
   Educational Technology Services
   University of California, Berkeley

----------------------
This automatic notification message was sent by Sakai Collab (https://collab.sakaiproject.org//portal) from the DG: Development (a.k.a. sakai-dev) site.
You can modify how you receive notifications at My Workspace > Preferences.

------=_Part_44892_21691538.1225498910203

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

After some testing between our sysadmin and Michael Korcuska (thanks
for volunteering!), the service that is hosting the Sakai Jira/
Confluence has undergone some network modifications that will
hopefully smooth the way for those of you who have had trouble
accessing these sites.

So if you experience any access issues starting today, please let us
know at jira-admins@sakaiproject.org and we will pass those along to
our sysadmin for further evaluation.

Thanks,

   Kevin Chan
   kevin@media.berkeley.edu

   Operations Team
   Educational Technology Services
   University of California, Berkeley

------=_Part_44892_21691538.1225498910203--

Re: can my list have multiple email addresses?

tomi
We currently don't support multiple email aliases for the same list. When the nabble archiver receives an email, we look at the headers for the list address to make sure it is a mailing list email, otherwise we will end up archiving random spam too. Most listservers add some headers like X-BeenThere, X-Mailing-List, or List-Id, if you have control over the listserver, can you add one of those headers and have it always set to sakai-dev@collab.sakaiproject.org? This will be the simplest fix until we add support for multiple list addresses.