app_body_header

Re: app_body_header

Pedro
But, does it crash your forum?

Re: app_body_header

Harvey
Been to scared to save the changes.

Why is it red? I assume that means an error - some time of open ended tag.

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
But, does it crash your forum?

http://support.nabble.com/app-body-header-tp7584955p7585051.html
To unsubscribe from app_body_header, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: app_body_header

Pedro
That is an alert. If you don't see anything wrong you can save and an error could appear.

Re: app_body_header

Harvey
So try it and see if it crashes me? I wish I understood the error and the most elegant way to do what I am want to do.

Re: app_body_header

Pedro
Harvey44 wrote
So try it and see if it crashes me?
Not exactly. If you click the save button and your code has a "closing tag" error, that is usually warned by the red letters, your code won't be save and the error will be shown.

Re: app_body_header

Harvey
Question:  The links in my SIGNATURE or other places in the forum successfully link out to other URLS outside of my iframe.

But within the app_body_header they don't.

Links in my app body header display those pages within the iframe. Not ideal for putting an ad there.

Can we change this?

Re: app_body_header

Pedro
I'm not sure if I understood. Do you mean that when you click at the ad in your main page, it shows its ad inside your frame?
I tested here and it is going to an outside website.

Re: app_body_header

Harvey
What I did was I added target=_blank and that worked.

But if I dont ad that the destination page appears in the frame.

http://support.nabble.com/app-body-header-tp7584955p7586616.html
To unsubscribe from app_body_header, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
----------
Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Forum: forum.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Magazine: mag.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: app_body_header

Pedro
Ok, let me know if it happens again.

Re: app_body_header

Harvey
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
Ok, let me know if it happens again.
This is something that will happen if you don't use target=blank.

No worries though... it is ok as is.

Here's another issue:

I am trying to center text underneath my image:

The problem is I am artificially moving my image over with a "margin" so the text just wont work.

How do I move the entire harvey_img space to the right?

Re: app_body_header

Harvey
Pedro,

I did it but not sure what I did was correct:

Now that it looks ok it's not a rush but can you look in the CSS and the app_body_header and tell me if I did it correctly?

Re: app_body_header

Pedro
It seems ok.

Re: app_body_header

The app_body_header macro is awesome. It allows me to make great use of really valuable space.

I'd like to add the same feature to each sub app in my forum, but I'd like to be able to show a unique ad or message in each app - not the same one in all.

My guess is that the hard work on this is done and that you just need a unique macro for each app.

Can we make this?  I'd like the image area to be 180 x 150 I think. Does this have to be set in advance or can it be changed?

Thank you!

Re: app_body_header

Pedro
See this piece of code that I added at your macro. This is for The Woodstove, which the id is 2185909, you can get it from the url.
            <n.comment.>
                Replicate this code with a subapp id and add the ad inside.
            </n.comment.>
            <n.if.equal value1="[n.id/]" value2="2185909">
                <then>
                </then>
            </n.if.equal>
Try to add an ad inside "then" tag. Please, try to do id for other sub apps.

Re: app_body_header

Harvey
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
See this piece of code that I added at your macro. This is for The Woodstove, which the id is 2185909, you can get it from the url.
            <n.comment.>
                Replicate this code with a subapp id and add the ad inside.
            </n.comment.>
            <n.if.equal value1="[n.id/]" value2="2185909">
                <then>
                </then>
            </n.if.equal>
Try to add an ad inside "then" tag. Please, try to do id for other sub apps.

I did this in my weather sub app.

I get this:

When I add an extra div into the description to make room for the image I get this at the top level:

Any idea how to fix this?

Re: app_body_header

Pedro
Please, take a look now. Note that at your root page you have an iframe in the description that do small changes on your html.

Re: app_body_header

Not sure what you did.

The issue is that  I need to be able to use different image sizes in each spot.

Here in weather I need some margin on the bottom:

But I can't add margin in that spot and have it affect all the other images.

How can I place each image correctly without affecting the other? Do I need separate CSS classes?

I tried making changes in both the app_body_header macro and in the CSS harvey_img but nothing seemed to have an effect.

Whatever you did has added more space in the header at the root level too. And raised the search bar up higher. I would rather it be as it was.

Is there a way to make this work?  I'm thinking we need a custom class for each app.

Re: app_body_header

Pedro
Do have any idea about the minimum and maximum image size would be shown there? I set as height: 135px and width: 180px, is that correct?

Re: app_body_header

Harvey
I'd like the flexibility to use any size in any sub app header.

But if you need a max and min:

max:

180 w x 150 h

min

180 w x 135 h

right now those are the only two sizes I am considering but I don't know what the future will bring.

I seems like there is now extra space below the search box:

is that related to this?

Re: app_body_header

Pedro
It is very hard to make it 100% flexible. But I did, in my opinion, a good solution. O f course it can be improved.
Please, take a look now.  Note that I created a set_css_header macro, I must call it every time an ad is showed.