all previously read messages now shown as unread

all previously read messages now shown as unread

Graham Perrin
All messages previously read by me in Nabble, and previously shown by Nabble as read, are now misrepresented as unread.

At a glance, in a nutshell: lost track of everything :(

How might this loss occur? Is the read status of messages stored in a cookie?

Please advise.

Thanks
Graham

(On the assumption that a relevant cookie is lost or corrupt, I have made server-side marking of read messages close to top priority amongst in the wish list for Nabble.)

all previously read messages now shown as unread: example

Graham Perrin
Example:

Re: all previously read messages now shown as unread: example

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Graham,

This read status is controlled by the browser and not by Nabble. Most browsers allow you to configure this time period (after that history gets deleted).

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

read status of messages: not related to the Nabble user's account

Graham Perrin
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
This read status is controlled by the browser …
Ah, OK — that new knowledge alters my perspective on some other topics.

In this topic my problem was a corrupt
~/Library/Safari/History.plist
but that was easily restored from a Time Machine backup, and my Safari view of read messages is back to normal.

Over at <http://n2.nabble.com/Your-wish-list-for-Nabble-tp2306610p2517314.html>, my #2 remains on the wish list; it should be nice to never lose track of what's read.

Thanks
Graham