Why not show newest posts at top of list view?

Why not show newest posts at top of list view?

Admin ProSchulreformHH
Franklin Schmidt <Nabble> wrote
I understand why you want this.  We will do it when a few more users ask for it.
Well, here is at least another one, who's members desperately wants a reverse chronological order in the list view, like Graham Perrin already suggested in 2008 and again  2009 (and probably many think). It would just be logical, because the forum members don't want to scroll down a long way to see the newest message. The advice to use threaded views is not really acceptable, because the chronological order still stays more or less the same.

This is actually a normal feature other boards have and should not be so difficult to implant. Or maybe it is, because it is often discussed, but not solved. The answers were more work-around solutions, that will never really reach the minds of normal members.

Can we expect this improvement soon?

Re: Why not show newest posts at top of list view?

Hugo <Nabble>
We should have this in a few months. We have to first convert that screen into a template and then we can do this.

Re: Why not show newest posts at top of list view?

Admin ProSchulreformHH
Okay ... this announced feature seems to cover alot of wishes. As a grassroots movement we have our main activities in the next weeks and months (probably ending in the summer), so we probably cannot take advantage of these features. Well, you can't win them all.

Re: Why not show newest posts at top of list view?

Planet Jackson
I would also like to request this.  Many new users do not think to look for the page numbers at the bottom of the page.  Most other forums use the reverse chronological order.
Site Administrator Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Why not show newest posts at top of list view?

Space to Play
Hey, just raising another hand for the reverse chronological order sorting. Great Forum though. Thank you so much.

Re: Why not show newest posts at top of list view?

Graham Perrin
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
We should have this in a few months.
It'll be an option, yes? I don't want to lose normal order …

Re: Why not show newest posts at top of list view?

Hugo <Nabble>
Yes, it will be an option. Both orders should be available. But we still need some months to work on this.

Re: Why not show newest posts at top of list view?

skysenshi
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Yes, it will be an option. Both orders should be available. But we still need some months to work on this.
Wow! I was just about to post on the Wish List, but I'm glad that things are underway. :)
I'm a woman, hear me roar!
http://www.skysenshi.com

Re: Why not show newest posts at top of list view?

Zugfrig
Has this been done?

Re: Why not show newest posts at top of list view?

GregChapman
No! Classic, List and Threaded Views all still show the original post first with replies below.

I've only been posting here since September 2010. Perhaps one of the facilities listed below was provided between April and September, which removed the need for this request....

It is possible to navigate to the latest posts very easily from the forum (and sub-forum) screens...

On the "Main Page" view, unless pinned, Sub-forums and Topics are displayed showing the item with the most recent post first. The link in the "Last post" column takes you to the most recent post.

In "Topics View" the topic with the most recent post is show first regardless of the forum or sub-forum it was posted to. Again the "Last post" column will take you to the latest post.

Also, if you are subscribed and use the link, "If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:..." you are taken to the latest post in the topic concerned.