Why am I getting "User requested authorization to join Instantiations"?

Why am I getting "User requested authorization to join Instantiations"?

aiksiongkoh
Hi:

I am getting emails like below from no-reply@nabble.com.
Why am I getting them because I don't use Instantiations?
This seems to be a bug that will turn people away.

Thanks,
Aik-Siong Koh

Dear askoh,

VirginiaDickens requested authorization to join the Instantiations:
http://forum.world.st/Instantiations-f3404935.html

Explanation from this user:
I will join :)

User email:
VirginiaDickensm5zs@yahoo.com

To accept this request, you should add this user to at least one group that has access to this area:
http://forum.world.st/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=change_user_groups&user=373012
Or you can ignore this email if it is better to keep this user away from that area.
Free Embeddable Forum powered by Nabble
http://www.nabble.com/

Re: Why am I getting "User requested authorization to join Instantiations"?

GregChapman
You get those emails because you are an administrator in that sub-forum of the Smalltalk archive.

No obvious bug! More likely one of the other Admins promoted you without informing you or you realising the implications.

Re: Why am I getting "User requested authorization to join Instantiations"?

aiksiongkoh
Greg:

Thanks for the reply. Where would you suggest I go to learn to be a better administrator?

All the best,
Aik-Siong Koh

On Mar 27, 2021, at 2:07 AM, GregChapman [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 You get those emails because you are an administrator in that sub-forum of the Smalltalk archive.

No obvious bug! More likely one of the other Admins promoted you without informing you or you realising the implications.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!
GregHelp - Building a set of answers to Nabble FAQs.

http://support.nabble.com/Why-am-I-getting-User-requested-authorization-to-join-Instantiations-tp7608866p7608875.html
To unsubscribe from Why am I getting "User requested authorization to join Instantiations"?, click here.
NAML