Wholesale Sakai Project list archive migration > Nabble2

Wholesale Sakai Project list archive migration > Nabble2

angell
Hoping you can help us migrate all the Sakai Project lists from Nabble1 > Nabble2. Unfortunately, each list was made by a different owner, so we are hoping we might be able to deal with this more efficiently. Once the lists are in Nabble2, we will add a central owner from the Sakai Foundation to each list.

Except for Will L and Denis V, who I'm guessing are at Nabble, I work with the other list owners below and we can get them to authorize the migration of their list(s).

Let me know if there's a better way to do this.

The lists all fall under a Nabble1 "Sakai" category:
nabble owner: Hugo Teixeira
nabble link: http://www.nabble.com/Sakai-f18101.html

I've already established a container category in Nabble2 to hold all the lists:
http://n2.nabble.com/Sakai-Project-f1343168.html

The lists that need to be migrated are below.

needs to be merged with existing nabble2 list:
sakai-dev@collab.sakaiproject.org
nabble owner: Will L
nabble1 link: http://www.nabble.com/Sakai---Development-f18040.html
nabble2 link: http://n2.nabble.com/Sakai-Project-Development-Discussion-Group-f669516.html

this list appears to be a duplicate of above and could be merged/deleted:
sakai-dev@sakaiproject.org
nabble owner: Denis V
nabble link:  http://www.nabble.com/Sakai---Development-(2)-f29118.html

pedagogy@collab.sakaiproject.org
nabble owner: cdcoppola
nabble link: http://www.nabble.com/Sakai---Pedagogy-f24248.html

portfolio@collab.sakaiproject.org
nabble owner: Will L
nabble link: http://www.nabble.com/Sakai---Portfolio-f18155.html

sakai-user@collab.sakaiproject.org
nabble owner: Denis V
nabble link: http://www.nabble.com/Sakai---User-f34116.html

sakai-ux@collab.sakaiproject.org
nabble owner: Denis V
nabble link: http://www.nabble.com/Sakai---User-Experience-f30853.html

announcements@collab.sakaiproject.org
nabble owner: abloodworth
nabble link: http://www.nabble.com/Sakai---Announce-f28489.html

sakai-dg-ui@collab.sakaiproject.org
nabble owner: abloodworth
nabble link: http://www.nabble.com/Sakai---User-Interaction-f25634.html

sakai-mig@collab.sakaiproject.org
nabble owner: hreeves
nabble link: http://www.nabble.com/Sakai-Migration-Group-f27621.html

Re: Wholesale Sakai Project list archive migration > Nabble2

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Sure. We'll do it and make you the owner of everything. Thanks for using Nabble. It may take a few days for the migration because it is a large list.

Re: Wholesale Sakai Project list archive migration > Nabble2

angell
Thank you! I'll be adding other Sakai lists to Nabble2 that aren't even in Nabble1 yet...I assume that won't be in the way.

Re: Wholesale Sakai Project list archive migration > Nabble2

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
No, it won't.

You should just build out your catalog of mailing lists on Nabble2 as much as you can.

Actually, there is no need to migrate. If you have the mbox file of your mailing lists, just give us the mbox file and we will import them into n2 directly, that is actually easier to do.

I should also mention that you know you can embed your Nabble2 node into your site, right?

Re: Wholesale Sakai Project list archive migration > Nabble2

angell
Actually, I don't think there's a mbox that's more complete than the archives in nabble1, so maybe migration is best.

I did see the embed function, which looks great.

Re: Wholesale Sakai Project list archive migration > Nabble2

angell
Wondering if it will still be possible to migrate the existing nabble1 Sakai lists to nabble2 as per the first message in this thread?

I don't believe we have an mbox with as complete a storehouse as in nabble1.

Re: Wholesale Sakai Project list archive migration > Nabble2

knoop
Any luck yet moving and merging our existing list archives from Nabble1 to Nabble2?  Thanks.

-peter
Sakai Project Coordinator

Re: Wholesale Sakai Project list archive migration > Nabble2

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Sorry for the long delay. We are finalizing the migration stuff so please bear with us for a few more days. I will let you know when we finish doing it.

Re: Wholesale Sakai Project list archive migration > Nabble2

Hi Peter, Nabble is ready to migrate the Sakai forums to Nabble2. Here you can find more information:
http://n2.nabble.com/Migrating-forums-from-Nabble1-to-Nabble2-tp3791390p3791390.html
http://n2.nabble.com/Nabble-Releases-Distributed-Architecture-tp3791274p3791274.html

Please confirm that we can start the migration of those forums.