Where is my "New topic" link? xd

Mencey Melgar
Hey, I just noticed that I have no "New topic" action in my topic pages, but "categories" link! Lol! can you take a look please? it was probably my fault--

http://forums.6326.n7.nabble.com/Cheaters-f17.html
:) Helper

Re: Where is my "New topic" link? xd

GregChapman
Hi Lou,

That's standard, and as intended, for a "Category" application.

You are not meant to have any posts at the top level, just a set of sub-forums (i.e. categories) You need to navigate to them to find a category in which to make a post.

It looks as if you have created too many "Category" applications below the top level.

Re: Where is my "New topic" link? xd

Pedro
Actually, the problem is in this macro: new_topic_action_link.
Your "if.has_subapps" command makes the forum show the "New Topic" link only if it has no subforums. Since You have the "Accepted Bans" subforum there, it is not showing the link.

Oh right, I remember now pedro, I deleted that link to avoid users to post from the main forum(I want them to visit "categories" first), Hum, do you think I can make a duplicated view_topics_workgroup just for the main forum?
:) Helper

Re: Where is my "New topic" link? xd

Mencey Melgar
Well, Never mind, I find it good now, bit tricky but its fine, thanks
:) Helper