What is wrong with this mailto link?

Harvey
joe@email.com

it works here but on my site the address get this added at the end:

;cid=1714xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: What is wrong with this mailto link?

Pedro
Could you give the page where you tried to mail him? I tried to click on Send Email to some users and it worked properly.

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Could you give the page where you tried to mail him? I tried to click on Send Email to some users and it worked properly.

http://support.nabble.com/What-is-wrong-with-this-mailto-link-tp7592279p7592283.html
To unsubscribe from What is wrong with this mailto link?, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: What is wrong with this mailto link?

Pedro
I could see all  Send Email to options from users of that page. Am I missing something?
Which user did you try to make contact?

Re: What is wrong with this mailto link?

Harvey
I tried to add a mail to link in the original post.

I gives a proper email address in the email and then that ;cid stuff

which sends the original sender/clicker and error message

try it

http://support.nabble.com/What-is-wrong-with-this-mailto-link-tp7592279p7592328.html
To unsubscribe from What is wrong with this mailto link?, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
----------
The Blog: NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Forum: forum.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Magazine: mag.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: What is wrong with this mailto link?

Pedro
Could you try again?
I have just edited the first post at that page: http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Speak-out-for-backcountry-skiing-in-the-Adks-tp4046728.html , I hope you don't mind.
I added the mailto tag on this address SLMP_Comments@apa.ny.gov , It seems to work as expected.

Another idea, try to reproduce this bug in a test sub forum in order to show me.

Re: What is wrong with this mailto link?

Harvey
This is what I get:

This will give the sender an error message and they will THINK their message did not make it.

Re: What is wrong with this mailto link?

Pedro
Ok, the bug was not happening on Firefox, that is why I didn't notice before.
Please, take a look now, it has been fixed.

Re: What is wrong with this mailto link?

Harvey

Its working for me thanks.

On Nov 3, 2014 12:44 PM, "Pedro &lt;Nabble&gt; [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok, the bug was not happening on Firefox, that is why I didn't notice before.
Please, take a look now, it has been fixed.

http://support.nabble.com/What-is-wrong-with-this-mailto-link-tp7592279p7592336.html
To unsubscribe from What is wrong with this mailto link?, click here.
NAML

Re: What is wrong with this mailto link?

Harvey
Now links are coming up this way too:

https://vimeo.com/89508686;cid=1415311379359-780

resulting in errors.

see this link here:

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Things-That-Get-On-Your-Nerves-tp972912p4047146.html

Re: What is wrong with this mailto link?

Pedro
I see that many links are this way. I'm trying to fix it.

Re: What is wrong with this mailto link?

Is this only with my apps?

On Nov 7, 2014 2:35 PM, "Harvey [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now links are coming up this way too:

https://vimeo.com/89508686;cid=1415311379359-780

resulting in errors.

http://support.nabble.com/What-is-wrong-with-this-mailto-link-tp7592279p7592450.html
To unsubscribe from What is wrong with this mailto link?, click here.
NAML

Now I'm only getting the error part, and not the legitimate email address.

This is a big deal now. No links in our forum work anymore.

Re: What is wrong with this mailto link?

Harvey
Oddly I tried some old links and the worked.

But I tried to post a link to a facebook page and it ended up as a 404 with a ;CID ending

Test:

https://www.facebook.com/hickoryskicenter

So it works here.

I think it has something to do with embedding.

I've always seen those pages in my google analytics, and didn't like that they were duplicates, but never saw any link issues in the past.

Please, take a look now.

Re: What is wrong with this mailto link?

Harvey
Seems to be working. What was the issue?

Was it just my app?

Re: What is wrong with this mailto link?

Pedro
It was a problem with https on embedding sites where user uses Chrome.
My test forum.