What is Permalink?

xSteveuk

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before
I did check the help pages and FAQ page and could not find
Any reference to it!  - But what is permalink? and what does it do?
and what if any rules are there about permalink!

Thank you for any help on the subject
Steve

Re: What is Permalink?

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Permalink just means "permanent link". It's the link that you can use to refer to a forum, thread, or post. For example, you may need to refer to a post in a thread, the URL in the browser's URL box may be the thread URL, to get the URL that links to the post, you can go to the post and click on the More->Permalink to find the link to the post. Similarly, in an embedded Nabble forum, the URL in the browser's URL box is the URL for the embedding site. To refer to a  thread or a post, you can also find the "Permalink" link to get the exact URL for reference. A full explanation can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permalink

Re: What is Permalink?

xSteveuk
Thank You!
Thanks for the wikipeda link I found very helpful - Thanks again for all your help.
Steve

Re: Permalink Question

Harvey
I'm wondering ...

I want to create a link from our blog to a forum thread.

I don't want to have to constantly update the link.

But I would LIKE the link to take you to the most recent posts or page of posts.

Anyway to set that up?

Re: Permalink Question

Hugo <Nabble>
I am not sure I understand. Do you want the link to go to one specific thread or go to the most recent ones?
The most recent ones are available on the forum front page. So you need a page different from that? What exactly do you need?

Re: Permalink Question

Harvey
We are going to have a thread in our forum about the weather. People can post current weather news.

On the BLOG homepage I'd like to put a link called "The Weather Thread."

I'm wondering if you can set up the link so that when you click on it, it always takes you to the NEWEST entry - the last post -  on the "The Weather Thread", so you can see the most current weather info.

Re: Permalink Question

Hugo <Nabble>
We don't have an easy way to do this. If only two or three users will update this information, then they could use a shared login and password and have just one post with such information. Then they always update that same post with the latest information.