Way to change users subscriptions?

Coleen_Astalos
Is there a way that I can change the subscription options for a member?
I have members that say have subscribed to all mail, that want me to change them to digest.
Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Way to change users subscriptions?

Pedro
Why they don't do it by themselves?

Re: Way to change users subscriptions?

Coleen_Astalos
Because they are totally inept at computers.  I'm surprised some of them can even send an email!

It's been almost a week since we transitioned to Nabble and I'm having to hold hands of many of my members.  If they have to do anything that requires more than 2 steps they're lost.  Half of them don't even understand the difference between logging into our password protected site and logging into Nabble.

Of my 1073 members, only 525 are registered (and about 100 of those I had to do myself on their behalf!)  I originally expected members to register and set up their own email subscriptions.  But it's been too "hard" for them, so I've reverted to the invite option for the email subscriptions to get many of them set up.   The invite option doesn't have the capability for me to do anything but give them individual mail for all topics.  So then they start getting all the emails and now want me to switch them to digest - which I can't do, all I can do is unsubscribe them.

Features like managing subscriptions should be an administrative capability.  I should be able to help my users get set up the way they want with subscriptions.

Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Way to change users subscriptions?

Pedro
Coleen_Astalos wrote
Features like managing subscriptions should be an administrative capability.  I should be able to help my users get set up the way they want with subscriptions.
In my opinion the site admin doesn't have the right to force its users receive emails.

Do you have any idea on how many users would you have to change the subscription type?

Re: Way to change users subscriptions?

Coleen_Astalos
Agree, I would never force my members to get emails.  But I need a way to be able to help them change their subscription options at their request.  Remember, there is always the option for them to unsubscribe on EVERY email at the bottom with a single click.

Initially getting set up, I expect about 25% of my members will need assistance of some sort (so that's about 250 members - but most of them will want all mail which I can do with the invitation option).  But of those I expect about 100 will want me to change them to digest.  I don't have any way to do that currently without them giving me their Nabble password, me logging on on their behalf and doing it.

Remember, in my situation my users pay to belong to my list.  It's not like it's just random people happening across my list - it's only paid members and only people that want our services.  I need to be able to provide assistance to get them set up with emails the way they want.
Thanks,
Coleen