Video Won't embed

bigsy73
Hi
I've tried to embed a video into my forum, when i enter the embed HTML from the following link

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/Z5kuw7eyo2GTilc6

I get an error message saying - Attribute 'data' in tag 'object' not allowed

I tried changing the "data" attribute to a "ref" attribute, this did allow me to embed the video, but it would then only work in Internet explorer, and not in firefox, which most of our forum members use.

Can you help me out with this problem please?

thanks

Attribute 'data' in tag 'object' not allowed

Graham Perrin
AFAIK this is not peculiar to Nabble; disallowance of such attributes is fairly commonplace.

Disallowance of tags such as 'object'

Graham Perrin
Graham Perrin wrote
…disallowance of such attributes…
Clarifying, with an example: tags such as 'object' are often disallowed.

<http://www.diigo.com/05mkx> for highlights from <http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/filteringhtml>.

Re: Disallowance of tags such as 'object'

bigsy73
The "object" tag is allowed, but the "data" attribute is not, can i change this data tag to something else to allow this script?

also, why wont it view in firefox

thanks

video in Firefox

Graham Perrin
bigsy73 wrote
why wont it view in firefox
Best to address questions re: video in Firefox to a forum that's more focused on Mozilla/Firefox/video but in the meantime, have a glance at <http://groups.google.com/group/p4a-user/msg/b6980143db4fd5fd>. Both video and streaming are off-topic from Nabble but the link to w3cshools.com could be a good start.