Users reporting malware

Barbie
A number of users of my forum are reporting malware on the page.
I've noticed my antivirus blocking some ads (so don't know who the belong to) and occasionally flashing up that malware has been detected/ deleted.
Short of going premium, is there anything I can do about this?
It definitely only affects the Nabble page - not the club website it's linked to.

The page is http://www.ryefc.co.uk/6.html

Re: Users reporting malware

augidog
hi Barbie...i'm only another user, but i'll chime in...you don't need to "go premium" to solve this...personally, i pay for the "remove ads" feature. i just popped $25 for 100,000 ad-free views & consider it well worth it. perhaps your members would be willing to kick in, or have a raffle maybe, & you can get a million ad-free pageloads for $125.

or, you have handpicked sponsors i notice...after you pay nabble to remove ads, you can always code in banners from your direct sponsors, then you'll know the place will remain clean & relavant for your users.

Re: Users reporting malware

Peter <Nabble>
We are changing that ad network in a few days. I hope it solves your problem. In the mean time, would you mind telling me what is your antivirus software?
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Users reporting malware

Harvey
I have been wanting to see some advertising in my forum (to see what it looks like) and am within days of running out of "remove" credit. I was going to let it run out, check it out for a few hours and then buy more removal credit.

Do you recommend I buy the removal credit now to prevent the malware? What is malware?

Re: Users reporting malware

Peter <Nabble>
Harvey, it is only affecting n5 sites because they are running a different ad network (other than adsense) because of some technical issues. Yours is n3, so you don't have to worry about that.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Users reporting malware

Harvey
Thanks.

Re: Users reporting malware

Barbie
I'm currently using Norton 2011 having previously used AVG (which wasn't picking it up)

Just picked it up again:

It's from ccsmale.biz (94.199.48.245,80)

Malicious toolkit website 9

If that means anything to anyone

Re: Users reporting malware

Peter <Nabble>
It does to me. With this information I will report it and attempt to block it.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Users reporting malware

Barbie
It's still there

Re: Users reporting malware

Peter <Nabble>
I have already reported it and I received a reply from the ad network saying that the advertiser was not complying to their TOS, etc, etc and they will carry out an investigation to see what can be done. I'm afraid I can't do much more than that. They will probably remove the advertiser. But thank you for reporting that. Knowing it is still there I can make some pressure about it.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Users reporting malware

Barbie
Things just got worse.
User has had his computer hijacked.
Have had to close forum.

Re: Users reporting malware

Peter <Nabble>
And how can you know it is related to the ads on the forum and not any other source of malware? Malware can come from pendrives, software downloaded from unsafe sources, e-mail attachments, cracks and other illegal downloads, etc.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.