Users cannot register on my forum - not accepting security codes

Users cannot register on my forum - not accepting security codes

SilvaFush
*waves* high all, I do hope someone can help save my skin, I have checked other posts and I cannot find this topic.  I have recently been scuppered by Facebook and not wishing to be 'screwed over' (sorry but that is how I feel right now) by them again I decided to introduce a forum to my website.  Having undertaken research nabble seemed to fit the bill.  All embedded into my website http://www.silvafush.co.uk/ourlittlecommunity/4593935099 and the first few customers registering had no issues.  Since then I have had at least 5 people saying that they cannot register because it is not accepting the security code.  Customers have tried 5 or 6 times and they are definitely computer savvy.  Please please please help me, my business is suffering and I cannot expect my customers to be this patient before they just give up and go elsewhere.  Thank you in anticipation.

Re: Users cannot register on my forum - not accepting security codes

GregChapman
I have just been through the registration on your forum (but not responded to the email) and got through the screen with the CAPTCHA without difficulty, as indicated on this screenshot:

Registration Message
You will find reports on this form that sometimes the captcha images don't appear in some browsers. Do you know what browsers your users are using.? Is there a pattern? I used Firefox.

Some people do have difficulty reading the captcha images. It helps if you know that they always consist of five characters, a mix of upper case letters and numerals.

Re: Users cannot register on my forum - not accepting security codes

SilvaFush
Thanks for coming back to me.  It is/was strange, some people able to register no problem others not.  All could see the Captcha and believed they were using the digits as displayed.

We think we may have been able to go at least part way to solving the issue last evening.  People clicking on the link in FB and being re directed to my site could not get the captcha codes to work, if however they navigated directly to my site the registration process worked perfectly.  All those affected appear to have been apple users going via FB link.  I will keep an eye on it & let you know if we gain any further insights.  Thank you