User Groups

vames
Is it possible to set up user groups.

We are extending our current forum activities quite dramatically and we want to be able to move between forums without having to log in and log out but on each forum I would automatically be shown as being a member of a specific user group.

For example when using our main forum and it's sub forums I would be a member of the ACES Staff group but with my user name still showing, but when posting and participating in this help forum I would just continue to be shown as my user name. then when participating in our new Blog forum I would be shown as an ACES member group.

This would need to extend to permissions as well.

Another member might be shown as an ACES Staff member and may be able to deal with forum structure but not be able to ban users for example so each group that a member belongs to in each forum can have it's own permissions.

This would allow us to set up a management structure with areas of responsibility that vary between forums

Any ideas

Re: User Groups

Graham Perrin
<http://n2.nabble.com/-tp1759428p2017336.html> confirms that groups are not a feature.

<http://n2.nabble.com/-tp3010596p3016241.html> is promising, maybe a future installable version of Nabble will serve your needs.

Regards
Graham

Re: User Groups

Franklin <Nabble>
We are unlikely to add user groups with permissions in the traditional sense.  But you can get some of what you want by adding different people as admins/co-owners of different sub-forums.  We could add something to indicate who is a co-owner.

We are planning to release Nabble code sometime in the next few months so that other people can add modules to do things like user groups.