User Abuse

cmp11
I have a problem again.  I now am requring all to register and not allowing anon users.  But this person who disrupts and threatens on the forum does register. I ban him, then he shows up with a new user name. Is there a way to ban his IP address? How do I ban him permanently?
Catherine Poole

Re: User Abuse

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Sorry we don't have an IP ban because it is an ineffective way of banning. A person can simply restart his router and he will get an new IP, thus getting around any IP ban easily.

In comparison, if you just ban him, he will have to find a new email address and he will have to register and confirm registration, all in all, this ban will actually cost him more trouble and time to get around.

So, I suggest that you simply ban him and remove his posts. He might try a few times but in the end, it's much easier for you to ban him, than him trying to get around your ban.

RE: User Abuse

cmp11

Ok, now that the ban works, I will do so thanks.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Sorry we don't have an IP ban because it is an ineffective way of banning. A person can simply restart his router and he will get an new IP, thus getting around any IP ban easily.

In comparison, if you just ban him, he will have to find a new email address and he will have to register and confirm registration, all in all, this ban will actually cost him more trouble and time to get around.

So, I suggest that you simply ban him and remove his posts. He might try a few times but in the end, it's much easier for you to ban him, than him trying to get around your ban.

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/User-Abuse-tp2297578p2329149.html

Catherine Poole