Updating uploaded files

Nalicter
I would like to suggest the ability to update uploaded files in a post. That way I don't have to have two different versions of the file lying around. Also, it would be nice to be able to delete the files in the post without deleting the post.

Re: Updating uploaded files

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Cordilow,

All you have to do is edit the post. You can remove the uploaded file by removing the tag added by Nabble. You can replace a file by uploading the file again (you must keep the same file name).

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Updating uploaded files

Graham Perrin
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
You can replace a file by uploading the file again (you must keep the same file name).
(OK)

You can remove the uploaded file by removing the tag added by Nabble.
Please, can you clarify this point? What/where is the tag?

TIA
Graham

Re: Updating uploaded files

Hugo <Nabble>
Graham Perrin wrote
Please, can you clarify this point? What/where is the tag?
When a user uploads a file, Nabble adds a tag like this to the message body:
<nabble_a href="file.txt">a1.txt</nabble_a> (for files)
or
<nabble_img src="image.png" border="0"/> (for images)
You should remove these tags if you want to remove the related files.

Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Updating uploaded files

Nalicter
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
You should remove these tags if you want to remove the related files.
Does erasing the tag erase the file from Nabble's servers, or just the link to those files? I mean, if the files can't be named the same thing for some reason or other, and you delete the links, will those files be forever taking up space on Nabble's servers?

Thanks for the information about updating and all that! :)

Re: Updating uploaded files

Graham Perrin
Cordilow wrote
Does erasing the tag erase the file from Nabble's servers, or just the link to those files?
I suspect that the file remains on the server.

See for example
<http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2264328/digesting%2BRSS.jpeg> referred from
<http://n2.nabble.com/inserted-PNG-image-misinterpreted-as-JPEG-tt2264392.html

The .jpeg originally appeared within
<http://n2.nabble.com/Weekly-digest-tp2262085p2264328.html
and I'm almost certain that I replaced the 'bad' image with a good image,

<nabble_img src="digesting+RSS.jpg" border="0"/>

before I created the separate topic about the bad image.

There's a difference — first .jpeg then .jpg