Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender when trying to register with Hotmail account

Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender when trying to register with Hotmail account

François Van Lerberghe
Hello,

People with Hotmail or Outlook account cannot register to our forum. After the registration process, they don't receive the confirm email address message. Instead a message is sent from <MAILER-DAEMON@n3.nabble.com>  with the subject "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender". See below.

It seems that outlook/hotmail is blocking the mail coming from Nabble domain.
Can someone help me ?
Does someone at Nabble could do  something to cancel this blacklisting ?

Thank you.

François

This is the returned mail :
----
This is the mail system at host n3.nabble.com.

                  The mail system

<xxx@hotmail.com>: host
   hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.126.33] said: 550 5.7.1
   Unfortunately, messages from [162.255.23.22] weren't sent. Please contact
   your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block
   list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to
   http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
   [PU1APC01FT044.eop-APC01.prod.protection.outlook.com] (in reply to MAIL
   FROM command)
Reporting-MTA: dns; n3.nabble.com
Arrival-Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 06:08:15 -0700 (MST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; xxx@hotmail.com

Re: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender when trying to register with Hotmail account

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
What is the link to your forum?

Re: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender when trying to register with Hotmail account

François Van Lerberghe

Re: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender when trying to register with Hotmail account

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Is it possible to remove the forum from your site?

Re: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender when trying to register with Hotmail account

François Van Lerberghe
Eventually. What do you want to do ?

Administrator
We'll test it.

Re: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender when trying to register with Hotmail account

François Van Lerberghe
Hello Israel,

Sorry for the delay.
I've stopped the redirection of the nabble forum. You can now access to the forum independently.
Is it enough for you or have I to remove embedded code in the HTML page of my website ?

Ok I have completely removed the embedded code from my website. Hope I will retrieve it...
Thank you in advance

Any news about this problem ?

Re: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender when trying to register with Hotmail account

François Van Lerberghe
Hello Israel,

You are busy for sure as I don't see any answer from you. Ok, I can understand that.
I embedded again my forum in our website.
Let me say when/if you are ready to see if my problem could be fixed. It would be nice.

François

Hello François,
Sorry for the late reply. We are having problems we embedded forums. Unfortunately I were unable to reproduce the issue reported on a test site. Nabble has low priority for bug fixing for while.

Re: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender when trying to register with Hotmail account

François Van Lerberghe
Hello Israel,

Thank you for your answer.
As I can see in the error return post, joined in my first post, it's not a bug in Nabble, it's a blacklisting of Nabble dns (162.255.23.22).

"<xxx@hotmail.com>: host
   hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.126.33] said: 550 5.7.1
   Unfortunately, messages from [162.255.23.22] weren't sent. Please contact
   your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block
   list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to
   http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
   [PU1APC01FT044.eop-APC01.prod.protection.outlook.com] (in reply to MAIL
   FROM command)
Reporting-MTA: dns; n3.nabble.com"

It seems to me that the dns "n3.nabble.com" is in a block list at Hotmail/Outlook. If I'm right, you must fix it between Hotmail/Outlook/Microsoft and Nabble.

Many customers had this problem. See this thread :
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-oattach/hotmailoutlook-block-list-s3140-blocks-all-new/699f3a56-406e-4804-97e2-cbe23b9bb01c?page=1

You will find good explanations for fix the problem
- at the end of page 4 of the thread
- at https://blog.paranoidpenguin.net/2020/08/outlook-com-is-no-longer-blocking-my-mail-server/

But only Nabble can do that, not me !
It would be nice if you could do something for me about this problem.

François