Unable to move post

David (EVDL Admin)
Hi, thanks for all your help so far.  I have another minor problem.

Is it only possible for the originator of a post to move it?  I'm the forum owner, but I'm not able to move a post from one thread to another.

When I tried to move the post the first time, the action never completed.  After several minutes, I closed and restarted the browser.

When I tried moving the post again, I received this error message : "You cannot move this post because you don't own it and you don't own the target parent."

Again, I am the owner of the forum.  Is it nevertheless impossible for me to move posts created in inappropriate threads?

If it is possible, can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks very much for your extraordinary patience!

David

Re: Unable to move post

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi David, let me explain how you can solve this. Imagine you want to move post 'A' under post 'B'. If 'A' was not originally threaded under 'B', then it had a reason to be so. So what you can do is post a reply under post 'B' saying something like "Under this message there is a post that didn't thread correctly and I am moving it to its right place". Then you will be able to move post A under your reply.

The Nabble team believes that this idea forces the forum owner to explain his actions and the result is a transparent and easy to understand forum. Does that make sense?

Re: Unable to move post

David (EVDL Admin)
> Does that make sense?

I can see why it's designed that way, yes.

What's more, the amount of effort required to move a post to a different thread ensures that it probably won't happen too often!  ;-)

Is there a reference anywhere that explains this and other similar procedures that forum owners might want or need to use?  The help page ... uh ... doesn't help.  ;-)

Many thanks again,

David

Re: Unable to move post

Hugo <Nabble>
David (EVDL Admin) wrote
Is there a reference anywhere that explains this and other similar procedures that forum owners might want or need to use?  The help page ... uh ... doesn't help.  ;-)
We indeed have to write more articles in the help section. We will do this after finishing the top priority features. Thanks for the feedback.