Unable to delete posts?

waynewalter
In my forums, it only allows me to permanently delete my own posts.
No similar option appears for other posts.

There is a "remove entire thread " from forum option.

However, I tried that but if you search, those posts still appear in results.
Plus, they're still listed for me although not in any category.

Sincerely,
Wayne

Re: Unable to delete posts?

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Please see my response below:

waynewalter wrote
In my forums, it only allows me to permanently delete my own posts.
No similar option appears for other posts.
"Delete" is to permanently delete a post or forum. This option is only available to the owner of a post or forum. You can "remove" other people's posts from your forum, but "remove" is less severe than "delete" because the removed stuff still exist in the owner's account.

waynewalter wrote
However, I tried that but if you search, those posts still appear in results.
Plus, they're still listed for me although not in any category.
The search result has a small time lag (usually 20 minutes), so if you remove a post from a forum, you may still see it in search result which should disappear in 20 minutes. If you continue to see it, please tell me and we will look into it.

And the removed posts will still appear under your account as it is your post.

By the way, I saw that your forum is using a "strange" format. It seems that you should be using the "mixed view" format, for info, refer to: http://n2.nabble.com/New-Forum-Format%3A-Mixed-tt1613570.html

Re: Unable to delete posts?

waynewalter
Thanks, I am the owner if the forum. Why don't I see delete for all message? I only see delete for mine. Did I some how mess up in the process of creating the forum?  Do I need to click somewhere to log in or activate owner privileges?

I searched everywhere in the forum and in help and found squat. Sorry.

I'll study the mixed forum issue too. Thanks for that!

Wayne

waynewalter wrote:
However, I tried that but if you search, those posts still appear in results.
Plus, they're still listed for me although not in any category.
The search result has a small time lag (usually 20 minutes), so if you remove a post from a forum, you may still see it in search result which should disappear in 20 minutes. If you continue to see it, please tell me and we will look into it.

And the removed posts will still appear under your account as it is your post.

By the way, I saw that your forum is using a "strange" format. It seems that you should be using the "mixed view" format, for info, refer to: http://n2.nabble.com/New-Forum-Format%3A-Mixed-tt1613570.html

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/Unable-to-delete-posts--tp1658764p1660960.html

Re: Unable to delete posts?

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
waynewalter wrote
Thanks, I am the owner if the forum. Why don't I see delete for all message?
I only see delete for mine.
Sorry for the confusion. You cannot "delete" a post that is not yours. As the forum owner, you can "remove" any post from your forum, but only the author himself can "delete" it.

To "delete" means to permanently delete the content, vs "remove" will just remove the post from your forum and the author can still view it in his user account.

Re: Unable to delete posts?

Gisle Hannemyr
In addition to the differences between "Delete" and "Remove" pointed out by Will, here is something else that may be relevant: Do the posting you are not allowed to remove have replies?

If a posting has replies, you can't remove the posting, even if you are the forum owner. However, you can remove the posting and all its replies (called "Remove thread from forum").

Btw - I think that the way this works make sense. If you were allowed to remove a posting without its replies, the replies would appear out of context.