Unable to Post Image

GregChapman
Someone on a forum I am involved with posts:

I am unable to insert a post with images. After adding text and using the insert image dialogue box the buttons to post or preview message have disappeared. I've done this plenty of times before so what has gone wrong? I'm using Safari.

See:
http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Another-quot-unable-to-insert-image-quot-td4027788.html

Can you confirm this issue?
What further questions you I need to ask the user to assist them?

(Incidentally, there was a similar post a couple of years ago with a similar issue:
http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Unable-to-insert-an-image-td4025946.html#a4025998  )

Re: Unable to Post Image

Pedro
Do you know if these issues happened on a specific sub-forum? Which one?

RE: Unable to Post Image

Coleen_Astalos

I have had this problem sometimes after I've previewed a post - it appears to be something with the preview and maybe the length of the page?   Sometimes I can just see the top of the buttons, but there is no way to scroll down (my forum is embedded - incase that makes a difference).

I've been somewhat successful with two approaches:

1) Use the CTRL- (that's the CTRL key plus the Minus key) command to make the entire page smaller so I can access the buttons (but this doesn't always work) or

2) Refresh the page.  I expected everything I had typed to go away when I did this, but luckily it did not and sometimes gives me the buttons I need to complete the post.

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, [hidden email]
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

Someone on a forum I am involved with posts:

I am unable to insert a post with images. After adding text and using the insert image dialogue box the buttons to post or preview message have disappeared. I've done this plenty of times before so what has gone wrong? I'm using Safari.

See:
http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Another-quot-unable-to-insert-image-quot-td4027788.html

Can you confirm this issue?
What further questions you I need to ask the user to assist them?

(Incidentally, there was a similar post a couple of years ago with a similar issue:
http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Unable-to-insert-an-image-td4025946.html#a4025998  )

Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

http://support.nabble.com/Unable-to-Post-Image-tp7591508.html

To unsubscribe from Nabble Support, click here.
NAML

RE: Unable to Post Image

GregChapman
Hi Coleen,

Thanks for your input. I have just received a response from my user after he complained again about not being able to post images. This time he said:
After writing text and selecting some images I find that the "view message"
and "post message" buttons have disappeared and there is no way to scroll,
and I then have to lose the whole post and start again.
iMac, OS X 10.6.8, Safari 5.1.10
I have a little laptop too, with Firefox but I can't sign in on that one! I
did go to the Nabble forum but didn't try the "change page size" fix
because the buttons had completely disappeared, and then everything worked
fine the next day.
I'm not a Mac user and am hoping others can test for this.

To answer Pedro's question. I emailed him in response to this post:
http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Skin-on-Frame-rowing-boat-tp4027800p4027811.html
so I guess that the problem occurs, at least intermittently, in that topic as well as others.

RE: Unable to Post Image

Pedro
I tried several things and still can't reproduce it. Please, keep on warning me when it happens, so that I can search for an exception or error in our logs.

RE: Unable to Post Image

GregChapman
Thanks Pedro!

I have emailed the guy with the problem and posted asking for reports on the forum.

Re: Unable to Post Image

Coleen_Astalos
Greg,
I think the problem your user experience here is related to the same problems I'm having that I've documented here: http://support.nabble.com/Can-t-see-bottom-of-page-with-Post-Message-links-tp7592391p7592393.html

Your forum is embedded, right?  Can you give me a link so I can see if I'm seeing the same thing on your forum?  (We just upgraded my editor to a new one and I want to rule out that it's the editor causing the problem).

Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Unable to Post Image

GregChapman
Hi Coleen,

The link to the forum in question is in the first post in this topic. As you'll see, it's NOT an embedded forum.

It's not my forum, I only have some moderator permissions there, although it was me who recommended that Nabble be used when some of the users complained about aspects of YahooGroups! operation.