Two accounts with same email addy

lovecasey
A few weeks ago, I set up an account to use on the GL forum.  The other day, I registered a new screen name to use on the ATWT forum with the same email address.  Whenever I try to log on, it logs me in with the first screen name, vitina.  How do I log in under the other name?

Re: Two accounts with same email addy

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
There seems to be some confusion here.

First, you cannot have two accounts with the same email addy. You can try to register a new account with your current account's email addy, and you will see an error telling you that addy is already registered.

Also, you cannot have 2 screen names for the same account. Each account has only one screen name.

If you need to have 2 screen names, you will have to create another user account. To create another user account, you will need another email addy.

Does that make sense?

Re: Two accounts with same email addy

lovecasey
Will <Nabble> wrote
There seems to be some confusion here.

First, you cannot have two accounts with the same email addy. You can try to register a new account with your current account's email addy, and you will see an error telling you that addy is already registered.

Also, you cannot have 2 screen names for the same account. Each account has only one screen name.

If you need to have 2 screen names, you will have to create another user account. To create another user account, you will need another email addy.

Does that make sense?
It makes sense but I didn't get an error message that the addy was already registered.  Then when I went to register with another email addy, it told me that the screen name was already taken (I assume from when I registered for it).

So how do I correct this?  I really want that screen name.

Re: Two accounts with same email addy

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
You can do a switch like this.

Suppose your current account uses

email addy: aaa@aaa.com
screen name: aaa

You want to create another account using:

email addy: bbb@bbb.com
screen name: aaa

You can go to your current account, click "Personal Settings", then "Edit Personal Information", then change your screen name there to "aaa1".

Then you log out and log in to your bbb@bbb.com account, and click "Personal Settings", then "Edit Personal Information", then change your screen name there to "aaa".

Does that work?

Re: Two accounts with same email addy

vitina
Either you don't understand what I'm trying to do or I don't understand what you're trying to tell me.

Re: Two accounts with same email addy

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
You seem have successfully created two accounts with two screen names. Let me know if you have any questions.