Topics VS Categories - need help here...

Topics VS Categories - need help here...

Top Outfitter
I just set up a Forum
http://hippodaddy.com/woo/forum%20final.htm
I want to set up topics and sub topics or categories,sub categories...

I just want to put TITLES on there then let people go to the specific subtitle... is this possible?
My terminology may be off...
Like on this site...   http://n2.nabble.com/Savings-for-You-Community-f3195688.html
you will see topics like Share your deals - Jokes -  Funny pictures
How do I add the TOPIC like the example then add sub forums UNDER the topic?
Thank you for your help.

Re: Topics VS Categories - need help here...

Hugo <Nabble>
The example you provided has the "Board" type. You can change the type of your app by clicking on "Options > Editor > Change type". I think you want a Category (two levels) or a Board (three levels). You may test each of them to see how they look. To create sub-forums, just click on "Options > Structure > Create new subcategory/sub-forum". I guess this is enough for you to start. Please let me know if you have more questions, comments or concerns.

Re: Topics VS Categories - need help here...

Top Outfitter
So now I chose "board". How do I add headings like in the sample I posted in the original post?
I want to add about ten headings all together but that may not be possible... or is it?
Then under each heading, add sub forums...?.?. That may or may not be a question.

Re: Topics VS Categories - need help here...

Hugo <Nabble>
Those headings are sub-forums. Create them and add more sub-forums under it.

Re: Topics VS Categories - need help here...

Top Outfitter
On it right now. Thank you

From: "Hugo <Nabble> [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:03:40 -0800 (PST)
To: Top Outfitter<[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Topics VS Categories - need help here...

Those headings are sub-forums. Create them and add more sub-forums under it.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Topics-VS-Categories-need-help-here-tp3933306p3935864.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Topics VS Categories - need help here..., click here.