Thank you Nabble for the "Mixed View" option

Thank you Nabble for the "Mixed View" option

a_priori
This is a great format.   I've been testing this format out on my forum and everyone seems to like it. Any chance we could get the option of showing more than the top 4 threads on each forum? Also, sometimes I might have several pinned threads in any given sub-forum, so it would be great if pinned threads were added in addition to the top threads so that all the pinned threads are always visible on the front page without blocking out all the top threads from being displayed in that particular sub-forum.

Sorry... You guys probably cringe every time you see a topic started by me...

Re: Thank you Nabble for the "Mixed View" option

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks for your feedback.
a_priori wrote
Any chance we could get the option of showing more than the top 4 threads on each forum?
We are open to suggestions. How many topics would you like to see at each section?
a_priori wrote
Also, sometimes I might have several pinned threads in any given sub-forum, so it would be great if pinned threads were added in addition to the top threads so that all the pinned threads are always visible on the front page without blocking out all the top threads from being displayed in that particular sub-forum.
I think this is reasonable since you, as the forum owner, would have control over the number of pinned topics at each sub-forum. If you add too many of them and the forum page looks crowded, then you can fix the problem by unpinning some of them. In any case, we have to stablish a limit in order to keep things organized. We will discuss this internally and you can post more feedback in the meanwhile.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Thank you Nabble for the "Mixed View" option

a_priori
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
We are open to suggestions. How many topics would you like to see at each section?
I think having the option of 8 or 10 would be good in addition to a smaller number like you currently have.

Hugo <Nabble> wrote
I think this is reasonable since you, as the forum owner, would have control over the number of pinned topics at each sub-forum. If you add too many of them and the forum page looks crowded, then you can fix the problem by unpinning some of them. In any case, we have to stablish a limit in order to keep things organized. We will discuss this internally and you can post more feedback in the meanwhile.
Thanks for taking this into consideration.  The main issue I have now with only having 4 topics showing per sub forum is that my pinned threads will hog up all the space. If there is an option to have more topics showing per sub-forum this is not as much of a problem.

Thanks,
James

Re: Thank you Nabble for the "Mixed View" option

a_priori
I'm going to add a little more feedback after testing this for a couple of days...

 If there was a way for the owner to decide, individually, how many of the top threads from each forum would show on the front page, it would really be great. Some sub-forums are very busy and would work well with having 8 or 16 top threads showing, while other sub-forums would do just fine with 4 and don't need that many topics displayed because they are not busy and only have a couple of relevant topics in them at a time like an "Announcements" forum.

A default setting like 4 top threads visible in each forum is nice for general use, but if there is a way to make it so that the owners can customize how many top threads show from each sub-forum, that would really offer a great way for forum owners to get the most of this format. If each forum had a setting somewhere that related to the number of topics to display in Mixed View with the default being 4 and maybe the option to choose (4 default, 8, or 16) maybe even a hide option, meaning that a forum set to hide is not displayed at all in mixed view, that would be great.

While I'm throwing out some crazy ideas, let me add this as well. Since Nabble has these great new formats like News and Image gallery, why not incorporate those views into the mixed view as well? If a forum is set to News, have it appear in a more News like style by having smaller thumbnail photos next to the topic title and if the forum is set to Image gallery, have a small grid of thumbnails appear for that forum instead of a list like a regular forum. I can make a mock-up image to demonstrate this idea if you want.

Re: Thank you Nabble for the "Mixed View" option

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi a_priori,

a_priori wrote
 If there was a way for the owner to decide, individually, how many of the top threads from each forum would show on the front page, it would really be great. Some sub-forums are very busy and would work well with having 8 or 16 top threads showing, while other sub-forums would do just fine with 4 and don't need that many topics displayed because they are not busy and only have a couple of relevant topics in them at a time like an "Announcements" forum.
Please see: http://n2.nabble.com/Number-of-Topics-tp2474322p2474322.html
a_priori wrote
Since Nabble has these great new formats like News and Image gallery, why not incorporate those views into the mixed view as well? If a forum is set to News, have it appear in a more News like style by having smaller thumbnail photos next to the topic title and if the forum is set to Image gallery, have a small grid of thumbnails appear for that forum instead of a list like a regular forum. I can make a mock-up image to demonstrate this idea if you want.
We have implemented the gallery idea:
http://n2.nabble.com/Thumbnails-in-Mixed-View-tp2474509p2474509.html

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira