Tal.ki - Free Forum and how nabble can impove.

Tal.ki - Free Forum and how nabble can impove.

☪Not_A_Admin
Guys at nabble, if you check out this forum http://tal.ki/
and take ideas from them, as you see in certain areas they are steps ahead of you and in others you are ahead of them.

Their site/forum has the ability to Log in with Facebook, google, twitter, yahoo, open ID etc..

Plugins/Intergrations: Another feature nabble is badly missing...
Their forum can eaily intergrate with wordpress, google sites, yola ,drupal,joomla,weebly,blogger etc

Homepage
Their homepage is designed better with a navigation bar and some colours it looks great.

Features
Tal.ki detects the colors of your website, the layout, and the fonts and automatically styles itself to blend it with your site.
And the CSS can fully be edited.

Also they can add widgets sort of things on the side of their forums,footer etc something needed by alot of forum users.

Cons:

*they limit on your forum use unless you pay
*rip of price when you can just get vbulletin instead
*their text editor is not on nabble levels
*i doubt they take in suggestions
*their forum structure (board>category>forum) does not look professional.

So theirs some quick points, above ^^ which you can take in to mind in the future, as you see your forum is better in my opinion but theirs has more of a social side to it.
tim

Re: Tal.ki - Free Forum and how nabble can impove.

tim
Cons:

*i doubt they take in suggestions <quote author="☪✯♛Tanvℯℯr♛✯©">

ACTUALLY.. I have spoken with the folks there for assistance..
They are VERY helpful.. I usually post something and get a reply within an hour..
Many time I'll send a question and it is answered very quick.. if what they suggest doesn't end up looking like what I want; I'll reply, and they quickly send a response.
Often I can try 3 or 4 different options in the same evening...

THAT is what I call 'customer support'... (and it's free too)
SO if I ever decide to a pay site... THAT is where I'll do it.
They have already shown me they stay on top of things...

Re: Tal.ki - Free Forum and how nabble can impove.

☪Not_A_Admin
wow you were right they are pretty fast, we need some kind of dedicated team rather than helpers, a full on team for nabble if you get what im saying
but theirs(tal.ki) is more of a business rather than a free forum and they are earning revenue from it so its possible for them.