Suggestion: Advanced forum editing

Nalicter
I would like to suggest something that would get rid of the need for half of my suggestions that I come up with now and then.

My suggestion is to have a sort of command-prompt (through telnet, even, if that would work) that Nabble users can access. In this they would be able to do advanced editing of their forums through commands and arguments. This wouldn't even have to be visible from Nabble, and so no one would 'have' to worry about it.

This would speed up the editing process of forums tremendously, and make handling odd situations quite nice.

Of course, it would only work with forums and posts you own.

Here are some example commands:
* list threads | forums | threads in [forum] | forums in [forum], with criteria
* merge [forum] with [forum] | [thread] onto [thread]
* delete [[forum] | [thread], with [criteria]
* move [thread] to [forum] | [thread] onto [thread]

Anyway, you get the idea. So, pretty much anything that could possibly be done, only from a command-line. Even posting would be cool. I wouldn't even mind if you gave us the variables and let us program the functions for the command-line ourselves. I'm not sure which would be easier for you, though. For all I know, the functions already exist, or they might take a lot of time to produce.

The idea is to have a bunch of flexible commands that allow for all kinds of funky criteria—so, basically anyone can do what they want quickly, as long as they understand the command-line interface. This might even make it easier on you guys, too, if you don't already have something like it.

Anyway, it's just a thought.