Stop Spammers

CART Web Monitor
Is there anyway of us being able to approve registered users.

Our forum is getting spammed every day now.

I always ban the user and remove their posts but its very time consuming.
KBO
Kind Regards,
Tom Sykes - CART HQ

Re: Stop Spammers

GregChapman
CART Web Monitor wrote
Is there anyway of us being able to approve registered users.

Our forum is getting spammed every day now.

I always ban the user and remove their posts but its very time consuming.
Yes. Go to:

Options > Users > Change permissions

and remove the check marks that allow "Anyone" or "Registered" users to post. Add the mark to "Members".

As you know, you have no control over who registers. However, assigning users to the "Members" group is a manual process that you do control.

Just warn your users (The Forum description field is a good place) that registration will not get them posting rights. When a newly registered user attempts to post they will meet a screen asking to say why they want access. You can judge from what they post whether to transfer them to the members group.