Still getting porn adverts...

mywaytoo
nabble ad downloadandplay buttons

nabble ad xvid again

Anne

Re: Still getting porn adverts...

Hugo <Nabble>
How do you know this is porn? There is nothing in there that proves that.

Well you go to the URL that shows on the screenprint... http://www.mymovieninja.com/watch/1/

And google it... it's not rocket science...
Anne

Re: Still getting porn adverts...

Hugo <Nabble>
The movie didn't load for me, probably because I don't run Windows on my computer. I searched google and I also didn't find clear evidences that such ad is related to porn. Even McAfee approves this site, see: http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/mymovieninja.com

Can you point me to a web page that clearly proves that that site has porn?

Re: Still getting porn adverts...

mywaytoo
I'm not going to run it on my PC...
Anne

Re: Still getting porn adverts...

Hi Anne,

I can understand the annoyance and frustration about ads, but you seem to describing anything/everything as porn with this post. The ads you show here seem to be for a video codec. It's just a tool for watching movies recorded using that format. Search the Amazon site, for example, and you'll see they sell all kinds of hardware that incorporates the same software. I don't understand your complaint (The complaint that this is an advert for pornography).

I do feel that Nabble were hasty in bringing in Ads and that they've done themselves more damage than they need have by introducing the adverts within 24 hours of making the announcement. I believe they should have given a reasonable period of notice, 14 days or a month (Yahoo seem to be rolling out a new service at the moment and giving users that kind of lead time), sufficient at least for forum administrators to warn their users, raise finds, seek alternative an alternative provider or, indeed, just time to come to terms with Nabble's need to increase revenue.

All us regular posters have been asking for good documentation for a while. If adverts are the only practical way for Nabble to fund this and further development work then I guess we must live with the situation and thank goodness that we've had the site ad-free for as long as we have.

Re: Still getting porn adverts...

mywaytoo
nabble ad Google search

Anne

Re: Still getting porn adverts...

Oops! I see conversations have been going on while I've been writing.

Hugo,
I run Windows, (and Firefox) and I don't get past that black screen either. But then I have almost no interest in video and I don't have the Xvid codec installed.

Anne,
Are you really clicking on every advert you see, just to see if you or your users might get offended? Now I begin to see why you complain that you are being used as a Nabble unpaid tester.

The world is full of stuff I'd rather not see. I turn a blind eye to most of it. I would hope that once Nabble have sorted out the obvious issues on launch, that things will calm down very quickly and you'll struggle to find anything to complain about in the ads that appear.

In spite of the new advertisements, a Nabble forum is still a lot cleaner, faster and easier to navigate than the YahooGroups I used to use.

What would you rather have - adverts for products that are completely unrelated to the topic of your site (so the normal visitor will have no interest and stay on your site) or Google's ads that are wonderfully targeted and specifically designed to take people away from your site. Be thankful for small mercies! No wonder they have to pay you for you to accept them.

Re: Still getting porn adverts...

mywaytoo
And there are several other contenders...

nabble ad play now1

nabble ad play now2

nabble ad watch now

nabble ad watch now

Anne

Re: Still getting porn adverts...

mywaytoo wrote
nabble ad Google search
Read again.

The URL for that site is "freepornvideos.com". It doesn't appear to have much to do with mymovieninja.com

To investigate, I searched for "mymovieninja free porn" all I turned up was a mass of sites that include "mymovieninja" in the text of the page, for no apparent reason (I guess I'm naive!), and none of the hits Google listed on the first page showed a url containing mymovieninja.com.

So unless I download that codec and follow through the instructions on screen, I'm never going to see any of that stuff and I doubt that many of your visitors will unless they are avid viewers of suspect movies.

Re: Still getting porn adverts...

mywaytoo

Re: Still getting porn adverts...

Peter <Nabble>
Well, I use windows, I watch videos, I have packs of codecs installed and even then no movie played at that site. I couldn't determine if that's porn either. The ads network says they don't advertise "adult" stuff but I have have banned some ads already that they didn't consider adult but I thought they were a bit aggressive anyway.

I just want you to know that I am taking a look at these ads regularly to see which ones have been displayed and which ones are not appropriate. It is taking very much time but I want you to know that someone is keeping a close eye at it.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Still getting porn adverts...

DavidJCobb
mywaytoo wrote
nabble ad Google search
With all due respect, that actually doesn't mean what you think it does. That's called "keyword stuffing". The porn site in that search result has basically filled its pages with semi-relevant garbage in an attempt to show up on searches for keywords that aren't related to it.

It doesn't automatically mean that "mymovieninja" is porn. In fact, stuff like that can happen to any website:

...Wikipedia, for example.

Re: Still getting porn adverts...

Spiderman
Whatever it is, I can't digest. I have embedded my Nabble forum especially on my website where it shows Adsense Ad. And I fear if adult ad appears in my forum too, then may be some visitors may report it to Google and I may loose my adsense account.
I waited for few days in hope that Nabble admin may solve the issues but Anne have proved it that still it displays adults ad.

Re: Still getting porn adverts...

GregChapman
Spiderman wrote
Anne have proved it that still it displays adults ad.
Not on my reckoning. See the earlier answers from Hugo, Peter, David or me. None of us are convinced that Anne has the proof.

Re: Still getting porn adverts...

Peter <Nabble>
I agree with Greg.

Anyway I want you all to know that we are in process of changing the ads network for one more strict and safe (most probably adsense) in the near future.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.