Still getting emails!!!

Nick Jones
I joined the Nabble jQuery Discussion List recently. I always read these things online, so I turned off any and all emails from the list. Apparently, the jQuery team uses Nabble as a sort of proxy to their Google Group, where I'm also a member of their list and also have all email notifications turned off.

What I'm getting at is that Nabble is *still* sending me 50-100 emails A DAY from this list. I've tried everything to make it stop, and even emailed their tech support. This is driving me nuts! How do I make all these emails stop?

Re: Still getting emails!!!

Hugo <Nabble>
Please make sure you are not subscribed to the mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en?pli=1

Also, please check if you have any alert set for this forum:
http://www.nabble.com/alerts/EmailAlerts.jtp

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Still getting emails!!!

Nick Jones
I *want* to be subscribed to the mailing list so that I can post there; I just don't want to get all of these emails. Do I really have to remove myself from the list completely? My options are currently set to "No Email".

Also, I currently have no email alerts set up with Nabble.

Re: Still getting emails!!!

Hugo <Nabble>
So the problem isn't with Nabble.
You have to check this with google groups.

Re: Still getting emails!!!

Nick Jones
But I haven't touched my Google Groups settings in months, literally. It wasn't until I used the Nabble install on the jQuery board to send a post that I started getting all these emails.

Besides, to eliminate Google from the chain I unsubscribed yesterday for about four hours and continued to receive emails. Does Nabble just present an alternate front-end to an already existing group somewhere, or does it read and write its own data which it then submits into the group?

Re: Still getting emails!!!

Hugo <Nabble>
Nabble is subscribed to the jQuery mailing list just like any other user does. Emails received from the mailing list become a new post in the forum. Nabble doesn't resend emails from the mailing list, unless the user has created an alert for that purpose.

Do you see a Nabble footer in those emails?
Also, please check the e-mail headers. Do you see Nabble servers listed there?

Please let us know.
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com