Starting a Nabble Newspaper

Harvey
I'm thinking Harvey's NYSkiBlog needs a Nabble Newspaper. One of our blog authors in particular, writes indepth pieces that are not suited to the narrow Blogger format.  They'd probably work ok in our new Nabble Forum, but I think the newspaper would be an ideal solution.

Since I just did the whole forum/subdomain thing, I think I'll strike while the iron is hot. Translation ... while I can remember all the steps.

A few questions...

Can I do it exactly the same way?

Create another A record for a subdomain?

newspaper.nyskiblog.com

direct it to the SAME IP number:  216.139.250.152 ?

Can I embed it in another static page just like I did with the forum?

Can I copy the CSS from the Forum and just paste it into the newspaper for a similar look?

What else do I need to know?

How is the newspaper different from the forum?

Can I restrict WHO can author the newspaper?

Re: Starting a Nabble Newspaper

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey44 wrote
Can I do it exactly the same way?
Yes
Harvey44 wrote
Create another A record for a subdomain?

newspaper.nyskiblog.com

direct it to the SAME IP number:  216.139.250.152 ?
Yes
Harvey44 wrote
Can I embed it in another static page just like I did with the forum?
Yes
Harvey44 wrote
Can I copy the CSS from the Forum and just paste it into the newspaper for a similar look?
Yes
Harvey44 wrote
How is the newspaper different from the forum?
The difference is just on how the page looks. Nabble has the same node-oriented back-end for all apps. So we apply different templates to the same nodes and they are displayed differently. For example, if you want to see this Nabble Support forum in a newspaer style, just visit:
http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Nabble-Support-f1.news.html
Harvey44 wrote
Can I restrict WHO can author the newspaper?
Yes. Add authors as "members" and then go to the "Options > Users > Who can view & post?" page and select "members" on the "who can create new topics?" question.

Re: Starting a Nabble Newspaper

Harvey
That sounds simple to execute for sure.

I am also wondering if future Nabble upgrades (Templates?) will allow for images to be centered, or text to be wrapped around images.

Re: Starting a Nabble Newspaper

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey44 wrote
I am also wondering if future Nabble upgrades (Templates?) will allow for images to be centered
This should be available today or tomorrow, after the next release.
Harvey44 wrote
or text to be wrapped around images.
This already works if you choose left or right alignment for your image.

We are in the process of putting a series of older articles into our newspaper. Things we have written that we want to keep there - our archives.  While many of these articles are  4 or 5 years old they are all showing the current date. Is there anyway to change the publish date? If not possible now, will it be possible with templates?