Spammer

KS (Fester)
Hi Guys- everything has been going good on our board except that the last three days, I have a spammer that keeps logging in under a different user ID.  I keep banning him/her but they keep coming back in under another name.  Is there anyway you can block this person?  Thanks!
Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Spammer

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Sorry, but there is no other way to block a user if he keeps registering again and again.

Most forum systems have an IP address ban - but it is a senseless overkill because the user can simply power off/on his router to get a new IP address, and the old ban could kill "innocent" people.

The truth is that you can ban and remove a spammer way easier than he has to go through the trouble of registering and posting. You can also add a few other moderators to give them them the power to ban suspicious users. You or a few people working together will tire the spammer out. He is just not as efficient as a ban/removal.

Re: Spammer

KS (Fester)
Thanks Will!  We will keep an eye on it then.  Like you said, he/she will get tired soon.
Photobucket Photobucket