Something Took Out My Macro Changes

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Something Took Out My Macro Changes

Gary Lewis
My forum (http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/) has suddenly gone back to "stock" on several things, and it looks like it happened today.  The things I'm aware of are:

Formatting: I'd changed the macro so that instead of "H2" in the menu I had "Formatting" and then the options in that dropdown were different.  But we are back to "H2" and the stock options.

Smilies: I'd edited the table, taking some stock ones out and adding some of our own.  It is now back to stock.

Returns: Greg had helped me get return links at the bottom of the pages, but now they are gone.

I'm sure there are more things I've just not found yet that have been changed.  I've not been working on any of that stuff in months, and would sure like to get it put back.  HELP!  Please!
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Something Took Out My Macro Changes

GregChapman
Hi Gary,

When I go to your macro viewer there was a warning message saying "An error was found in the NAML code of this application". When I view the details it appears to show a number of errors in the "save_registration" macro.

That macro appears reverted in the main macro viewer, but I seem to recall that there may be a separate tweaks.naml file that is created in these circumstances. The "Go To NAML Editor" link may help you uncover and correct the error. I can't investigate further as I would need to login as administrator - and I wouldn't advise you give me that power as I'm at the limit of my understanding of NAML.

Over to Israel!





Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!
GregHelp - Building a set of answers to Nabble FAQs.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Something Took Out My Macro Changes

Gary Lewis
Greg - Thanks ever so much for that.  It looks like using HTML in the midst of the text doesn't work as the error I see is:

invalid static tag: u
  in (custom_tweak:save_registration:142) - <u>
  in translation: are to read the guidelines and then start a new thread/topic <u>in that folder</u> to introduce yourself(custom_tweak:save_registration:142) - <t>

So I'm happy to take that out.  However, the macro I see when I click "Override this macro" is not my tweaked one.  It is the bog stock one.  How do I get back to my tweaked one?  I'd like to take out the underlining.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Something Took Out My Macro Changes

Gary Lewis
Ok, I think I figured it out.  I went to the editor, clicked on save-registration to the left, and there was the code.  I took out the <u> and </u> and saved the changes and no errors were found.  And now the smileys are back, so I assume other things are as well.

THANKS!
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Something Took Out My Macro Changes

GregChapman
I'm guessing that you need to "t" tag the text between those underline tags and then it would work.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!
GregHelp - Building a set of answers to Nabble FAQs.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Something Took Out My Macro Changes

Gary Lewis
GregChapman wrote
I'm guessing that you need to "t" tag the text between those underline tags and then it would work.
I don't understand what you mean, but I'm happy with what I have.

Oh by the way, I didn't realize that the editor appears to save multiple copies of the code.  So I had two instances of the <u> </u> code in there.  It was initially happy when I took the last set out, but later in the day it got its knickers in a twist again and took out all the other tweaks.  This time I found the earlier code and changed it.  Seems ok now.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/