So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?

So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?

PedXing
Primarily what I'd like to see is the option for a facebook "like" or a twitter "tweet" for each post that is in the forum.  I'm sure others would have other social platforms they'd like to see integrated as well, but the first two would be a good place to start.  It seems like this would be possible to implement without nabble having ANY direct connection to the user's external information.  Basically you are providing a link to promote the topic and it doesn't matter to the forum whether or not the user is logged in to that particular social medium or not.

So, there would need to be an admin section for turning social sites off and on as well if there were a gang of social implementations done.  Whats the interest level in looking at this?

here's a quick rundown of the most used social integrations that would most likely be helpful for nabble users:
BlinkList, Delicious, Design Float, Digg, DZone, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, MisterWong, Mixx, MySpace, Netvouz, NewsVine, Propeller, Reddit, Slashdot, StumbleUpon, Technorati, Twitter, Webnews.de, YahooMyWeb.

Thanks in advance!

shane

Re: So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Shane, thank you for your message. I think this is a valid request and we can implement it. I will investigate each social integration you mentioned and see how easy/difficult it is. Soon I will get back to you with the results of my investigation.

Re: So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?

PedXing
That is OUTSTANDING Hugo!   Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line.  I'm excited to hear what you discover as far as an implementation is concerned.  Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks Again!

shane

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Hugo <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Shane, thank you for your message. I think this is a valid request and we can implement it. I will investigate each social integration you mentioned and see how easy/difficult it is. Soon I will get back to you with the results of my investigation.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

View message @ http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/So-OPENID-is-out-BUT-what-about-the-possibilty-of-OTHER-integration-tp5824998p5826580.html
To unsubscribe from So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?, click here.

Re: So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Shane, we added the basics of social integrators to Nabble, see:
http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Social-Links-tp5840975p5840975.html

The Facebook Like Button and Tweet button are also possible, but we will not add them as a default Nabble feature. If you want any of them, post the URL of your app and I will tweak the templates of your app.

Re: So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?

PedXing
Wow. The functionality there looks killer.  I think its a feature that will benefit many.  NICE WORK!

I have some functionality issues though.  I use the embedded version of nabble for a community site and none of the links appear to work by clicking, though each of them works if I copy/paste to the address bar.  (www.landertalk.com)

<a id="nabblelink" href="http://landertalk.972807.n3.nabble.com/">LanderTalk</a>

Is there a way to force the embedded version to work as well?
Also, I'd LOVE to have the facebook "like" feature added as well.  If you make changes to my template, will I have the option of turning it off and on?

Thanks for everything Hugo!

shane

View message @ http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/So-OPENID-is-out-BUT-what-about-the-possibilty-of-OTHER-integration-tp5824998p5843490.html

To unsubscribe from So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?, click here.

Re: So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?

Hugo <Nabble>
PedXing wrote
I have some functionality issues though.  I use the embedded version of
nabble for a community site and none of the links appear to work by
clicking, though each of them works if I copy/paste to the address bar.
We fixed this issue, thanks for reporting it.
PedXing wrote
Also, I'd LOVE to have the facebook "like" feature added as well.
This is how the facebook and tweet button will look like (the facebook button is in portuguese because of my computer settings):

Would you like only the facebook button? Or should I add the tweet button too?
PedXing wrote
If you make changes to my template, will I have the option of turning it off and
on?
It would be tied to the social links configuration in "Options > Editor > Change appearance". So if you disable that feature, the facebook button and all other social links would disappear. If you want to disable the facebook button only, you should let me know so that I can make this change for you.

Please confirm which options you want.

Re: So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?

PedXing
Thanks for dialing that in!  I think it looks fantastic.  Would you add both the Facebook like AND Tweet options to my app?
Having the configuration the same as the rest of the social links is just fine.

Again, bang-up job implementing this!  I'm really excited for Nabble to be making this bridge!  =)

shane

View message @ http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/So-OPENID-is-out-BUT-what-about-the-possibilty-of-OTHER-integration-tp5824998p5844186.html

Hugo <Nabble>
Another option was suggested by jonaspm here: we should add the 'facebook like' and tweet buttons to the top of the topic page, not to every dropdown. I think this makes a lot of sense. Would you like this approach or should I add those buttons to every post dropdown?

Re: So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?

PedXing
Well if you're up for it, the top of the topic page makes the most sense to me.

shane

View message @ http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/So-OPENID-is-out-BUT-what-about-the-possibilty-of-OTHER-integration-tp5824998p5844278.html

To unsubscribe from So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?, click here.

Re: So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?

Hugo <Nabble>
ok, I added those buttons to your forum. Please take a look and let me know if you have issues.

TIP for you: Click on "Options > Mailing list settings" and set "[LANDER]" as the subject prefix. It will automatically remove this prefix from imported messages (messages already archived will not be affected -- only new incoming messages will be changed).

Re: So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?

PedXing
I was JUST checking out the new setup.  in a word:  PERFECT.  Exactly as I imagined actually.  really elegant.  Everything is functioning 100%.

Thanks also for the subject prefix tip!  that will especially be nice because I use the RSS from nabble to push to twitter and facebook as well.

NICELY DONE Hugo, and thanks also jonaspm for the UI nudge!  =)

shane

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Hugo <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
ok, I added those buttons to your forum. Please take a look and let me know if you have issues.

TIP for you: Click on "Options > Mailing list settings" and set "[LANDER]" as the subject prefix. It will automatically remove this prefix from imported messages (messages already archived will not be affected -- only new incoming messages will be changed).
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

View message @ http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/So-OPENID-is-out-BUT-what-about-the-possibilty-of-OTHER-integration-tp5824998p5844328.html

To unsubscribe from So, OPENID is out, BUT what about the possibilty of OTHER integration?, click here.