Signatures Permission Group

Harvey
I have a permissions group called signatures that if you are in it, your signature can link.

If you are not in the group your signature displays but it won't link.

Could I change that group so that if you are not in it, nothing displays?

Rather not do it by css if possible.

Re: Signatures Permission Group

Pedro
In this case, only who are in the group would be able to have a signature?

Re: Signatures Permission Group

Harvey
Ideally I'd be able to have 2 step functionality without two additional groups.

Show signature.
Allow link in signature.

If this can't be done then maybe we add "show signature" to the members group.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 6:34 AM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
In this case, only who are in the group would be able to have a signature?

http://support.nabble.com/Signatures-Permission-Group-tp7582239p7582252.html
To unsubscribe from Signatures Permission Group, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog

Re: Signatures Permission Group

Harvey44 wrote
Could I change that group so that if you are not in it, nothing displays?
You can edit your message_with_signature macro. Here we check first if the author of the message is in the group, then, check his signature. See line 3.
<override_macro name="message_with_signature" requires="node">
    <n.node_message_as_html />
    <n.if.owner.is_in_group group="signature" >
        <then>
            <n.if.both condition1="[n.owner.has_signature/]" condition2="[n.owner.is_active/]">
                <then>
                        <n.owner.signature_as_html/>
                </then>
            </n.if.both>
        </then>
    </n.if.owner.is_in_group>
</override_macro>

Re: Signatures Permission Group

Harvey
I added this override. It removed signatures from all users

I wanted to not display signatures from those who aren't yet in the member group.

In which app did you try it?

Re: Signatures Permission Group

Harvey
The Forum.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
In which app did you try it?

http://support.nabble.com/Signatures-Permission-Group-tp7582239p7582268.html

I made the override in your forum, can you see if it's working? I don't know which user has signature and isn't in Signature group to check if it is not appearing.

Re: Signatures Permission Group

Harvey
It doesn't seem to be.  (Can never be sure with caching)

It also seems to have removed the functionality of the signatures
group.  (linking).

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
----------
Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Forum: forum.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Magazine: mag.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: Signatures Permission Group

Pedro
The following line on the code, makes your forum only show signatures for the people in the group "Signature" , but this group name is also being used for the users with links in their signatures.
  <n.if.owner.is_in_group group="Signature" >
So, you have to create another group for signatures in general. something like this:
<override_macro name="message_with_signature" requires="node">
    <n.node_message_as_html />
    <n.if.owner.is_in_group group="Have_Signature" >
        <then> ...
In this group "Have_Signature", you would have to put every one who has a signature able to be shown.

Re: Signatures Permission Group

Harvey
I was wondering of Members could have that feature. In other words once someone was a member they could show a signature but a linking signature was another step.

Basically I make someone a member as soon as I realize they are not a spammer. This happens usually immediately.  It's not too hard to tell.

The linking signature is a reward for great contributions.

If it requires another group I'm going to leave it the way it is.  Basically once spammers realize that the link in there signature doesn't work they change it to show the html.  It would be an incremental improvement in my ability to frustrate spam.

In this case you wouldn't have to create another group, you could use your "Members" group.

Re: Signatures Permission Group

Harvey
Can you show me what to edit for this?

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
----------
Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Forum: forum.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Magazine: mag.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: Signatures Permission Group

Pedro
It is the same macro but the name of the group that will show the signatures is "Members". Note that everybody who is in the Signatures group should be in the Members group.
    <override_macro name="message_with_signature" requires="node">
        <n.node_message_as_html />
        <n.if.owner.is_in_group group="Members" >
            <then>
                <n.if.both condition1="[n.owner.has_signature/]" condition2="[n.owner.is_active/]">
                    <then>
                            <n.owner.signature_as_html/>
                    </then>
                </n.if.both>
            </then>
        </n.if.owner.is_in_group>
    </override_macro>

Re: Signatures Permission Group

Mencey Melgar
Sup, I think the problem is at the group name:
Instead of group="Members" put group='Members'
:) Helper

Sorry, I see that both work
:) Helper

This doesn't seem to work.  Pedro are you clear on what I am trying to do?

Is there any subforum that I can post something to test?

Re: Signatures Permission Group

Harvey

The shed is private

(via mobile)

On Dec 11, 2012 8:29 PM, "Pedro &lt;Nabble&gt; [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there any subforum that I can post something to test?

http://support.nabble.com/Signatures-Permission-Group-tp7582239p7582302.html
To unsubscribe from Signatures Permission Group, click here.
NAML

Re: Signatures Permission Group

Pedro
I made some tests in your forum. Now it is working like this:
Who is not in the Members group, doesn't have his signature shown.
Who is only in the Members group, has his simple signature shown.
Who is only in the Members group AND in the Signature group, has his signature with links shown.

Is that right? I take too long to test it because I had some cache problems.