Showing Groups Users belong to

malcn
Is it possible to get a listing of all Registered Users which displays the group(s) each of the users belongs to please?

Re: Showing Groups Users belong to

GregChapman
Not quite sure I've understood the question!

As Administrator you can go to:
Options > Users > Manage Users & Groups
There you find links to see the the username and email address of all the users in any individual group.

To allow users to see a list of registered users simply keep the default setting at:
Options > Users > Change permissions > Show_group_members
That setting will allow you to add/remove the group members that are revealed under the "People" link

To view what groups an individual user belongs to you need to visit their profile. Just click on their username/avatar.

Re: Showing Groups Users belong to

malcn

Many thanks,

I understand all that but it would be really useful to have a full user list and the groups to which each user belongs rather than try and deduce it the long way. :)

On 06/09/2016 15:15, GregChapman [via Nabble Support] wrote:
Not quite sure I've understood the question!

As Administrator you can go to:
Options > Users > Manage Users & Groups
There you find links to see the the username and email address of all the users in any individual group.

To allow users to see a list of registered users simply keep the default setting at:
Options > Users > Change permissions > Show_group_members
That setting will allow you to add/remove the group members that are revealed under the "People" link

To view what groups an individual user belongs to you need to visit their profile. Just click on their username/avatar.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

http://support.nabble.com/Showing-Groups-Users-belong-to-tp7597240p7597242.html
To unsubscribe from Showing Groups Users belong to, click here.
NAML

Regards Malc

Re: Showing Groups Users belong to

GregChapman
I understand where you're coming from but suspect very few long serving forum administrators would find any benefit from such a list, even if they have added a number of additional groups to the four available by default.

You have to add Administrators (most are unlikely to have more than a couple in that group) and Members by hand.

Those who only add people to the "Members" group after payment or submission of an application form will have other records that keep track of those in that group. Of the rest, it is most likely that users will be granted "Member" access because they earned it through support of the forum. There will be very few individuals who then break the rules and need the "Member" privilege removed, and there'll be no management need for records of who is in the group. It will just be idle curiosity.

Similarly, with the additional groups that you may create, such as "Moderators" (likely to be very few in number in that group) or special classes of member (e.g "Junior Members" or "Committee") there are likely to be other mechanisms available for tracking who is in such groups.

At the other end of the spectrum, as anyone can register, and as administrator have no control over that, most forums rapidly fill with registrations from spammers and others who immediately discover they have no interest in the subject of your forum. That means that for almost all forums a full list of registered users is of little to no interest to administrators.

More typically, administrators may want to know about the active users and that is revealed from the "People" link as it is displayed in post count order. True, it produces a paginated list, and it doesn't, identify lapsed users, but for the number of times you are likely to want to know that information it is little trouble to copy and paste the data from the few pages that you'll have before before you reach those who have only ever made one post and then there'll be a few more pages of people who never posted at all.

In short, I doubt the facility you request is required by all but a handful of administrators.

None of this helps you, but may help put your thoughts in a wider context. Just my thoughts! I'm sure you'll have valid arguments against them,