Searching (and maybe sorting) the flagged and subscribed collections

Searching (and maybe sorting) the flagged and subscribed collections

Graham Perrin
A step beyond
<http://n2.nabble.com/-tp221165.html>
<http://n2.nabble.com/-tp474035.html>
<http://n2.nabble.com/-tp532896.html>
<http://n2.nabble.com/-tp2042515p2073607.html>

1. My <http://n2.nabble.com/user/UserSpecialNodes.jtp?cmd=flagged> currently spans three pages, and will grow.

Suggestions:

a) to the collection of flagged items, add a search field

— search should default to subject and authors

b) to the default search results window, add an 'advanced search' option

c) in the collection of flagged items: allow the user to sort, and reverse sort, the three columns.

Suggestion:

d) to the collection of subscribed items, add a search field.

Thanks
Graham

Nabble flags, context, workflow

Graham Perrin
Graham Perrin wrote
1. My <http://n2.nabble.com/user/UserSpecialNodes.jtp?cmd=flagged> currently spans three pages, and will grow.
First afterthought:

* whilst I often flag things, I very rarely return to them

* sometimes when I flag, I know that I should *not* return to the item until after a few weeks or months have passed

* to give things context (the subject alone is rarely enough, especially as time passes) I would normally use Diigo

* Nabble 2 embedded URLs prevent me from adding context using the current version of Diigo

* in situations such as this: Chandler Hub, or an extension to Chandler Desktop, could be useful.

Nabble 2 flags: housekeeping and multi-step manual conversion to subscriptions

Graham Perrin
Graham Perrin wrote
1. My <http://n2.nabble.com/user/UserSpecialNodes.jtp?cmd=flagged> currently spans three pages, and will grow.
Second afterthought:

* from my three pages of flagged items, I might:

i) pick some random items

ii) from within that sub-set, subscribe to the fora and topics that are still of interest

iii) manually remove the flag from each item to which I have subscribed.

Mass conversion of selected flagged items, to subscriptions

Graham Perrin
Graham Perrin wrote
Second afterthought:

* from my three pages of flagged items, I might:

… iii) manually remove the flag from each item to which I have subscribed.
Suggestion:

e) to the collection of flagged items, add a column of check boxes, footed by a button:

'Convert to subscription'.