Search not working

Birdo
Hi,

I regularly use

http://www.addisonssupport.com/#nabble-td6225154i20

The person who runs this forum us currently moving house which is why I'm asking this question on her behalf.

The search facility isn't working properly. It will only bring up a limited number of posts when we know there are many more in that category. Ie. it used to bring up 100's of results and now it only brings up 11. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks very much

Re: Search not working

Peter <Nabble>
Can you please provide an example of a search string that should return something that is missing from the results?
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Search not working

Birdo
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes an example would be "Dr F" or "Daily Dosage" or "Stim Results".

It will bring up a few results but we know that there are many more from old threads that don't show up now. It's a recent issue. The last few weeks.

Many thanks for your help.

Re: Search not working

Peter <Nabble>
OK, I'll take a look.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Search not working

Birdo
Thanks,

I really appreciate your help with this. Another great example is "Devon". It only brings up 4 results but there was a thread back in May that had Devon in it several times, so it should have brought up many more results. That actual thread doesn't even come up in the results at all.

Hope this is more specific!

Re: Search not working

Peter <Nabble>
Could you please post the link to the thread that is not returned for this query?
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Search not working

Birdo
Hi yes.......

http://addison-s-support.1651760.n2.nabble.com/Desperate-in-the-UK-td6288802i140.html

We've also had problems where you click on a page of the link but it doesn't take you to that page. It defaults to page 1 of the thread.

Thanks again!

Re: Search not working

mywaytoo
Birdo wrote
We've also had problems where you click on a page of the link but it doesn't take you to that page. It defaults to page 1 of the thread.
Peter... This sounds like my problem with replies not displaying, rather the original post... You've fixed this, on my website anyway...

This link shows the correct workings now...
http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Facebook-shows-Topic-permalink-and-not-post-reply-content-tp6908386p6983870.html

Anne

Re: Search not working

Peter <Nabble>
I'm taking a look at the search.

Anne is right, please, retest the link. It should go to the correct post.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Search not working

Birdo
Will do.

Thanks again!

Re: Search not working

Peter <Nabble>
It seems to be fixed now. Please, give it another try and let me know how it goes.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Search not working

Birdo
Thanks Peter,

I've just tried it and it works. I tried a few other seaches too that weren't coming up and they work too!

Unfortunately we still have the problem of not being able to navigate from page to page within threads. ie.If you click through to the thread from your email notification, it takes your directly to the post but then you can't move from page to page without opening the site in a new page and clicking on the thread from the main board.......only THEN will it allow you to move from page to page.

Here's an example from my email:

http://addison-s-support.1651760.n2.nabble.com/My-HC-Trial-tp6943482p6991465.html

It takes me to the speciifc post but then if I try to click on Page 6 it takes me back to Page 7.

The girl that runs/started the forum is called Dusty and is now available after moving house etc. She's said that if she needs to do anything with her admin access (I don't have admin access) then she is happy for you to contact her. Or if she needs to upgrade etc to get a better performance.

I'm just trying to find a way of sending you her contact details without it being in the public domain........

Thanks again for your help so far!

Re: Search not working

Birdo
Have pm'd you her details

Thanks! It's much appreciated!

Re: Search not working

Peter <Nabble>
Hi.
Didn't need to send that. We don't need that information as we don't need passwords, etc.

I'll be looking into this.

It was fixed.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Search not working

Birdo
Hi Peter!

All problems DO appear to be now be resolved!

Thanks again for your prompt assisitance with this. It's VERY much appreciated by all who use the forum