Scrolling

Jellyhood
I made a forum, but i have to highlight stuff just to scroll up and down.. how do i fix it?
Photobucket

Re: Scrolling

Jellyhood
Oh nvm u just click view more
Photobucket

Re: Scrolling

Roey K.
Help. Before and after I upload from iWeb, I cannot achieve a vertical scroll. Nabble was promoted as Mac-friendly and I like everything else, but I'm in trouble if people add messages to my site. I could not find "view more." Where is it located? Is it possible I just don't have enough messages yet?

vertical scrolling

Graham Perrin
RoeyKirk wrote
… I cannot achieve a vertical scroll. … I'm in trouble if people add messages to my site.
Trouble in what way?

I could not find "view more." Where is it located? Is it possible I just don't have enough messages yet?
<http://n2.nabble.com/How-are-nurses-honored-at-your-organization--tp3206869p3206869.html> and thereabouts look fine. Features become obvious as forums and topics become populated.

Regards
Graham

Re: vertical scrolling

Roey K.
Hi and thanks for responding - On my website, honornurses.org, there's only room for 5 messages. I made it on iWeb, so it could be my error/ignorance or a limitation of the program. If people add messages they will not be seen unless a vertical scroll bar magically appears. I tried adding messages and they just disappeared.

Re: vertical scrolling

Hugo <Nabble>
The problem of your website is that is has several nested frames. Nabble forums resize the space automatically (e.g., visit http://plone.org/support/forums and see how it works), but your nested frames are probably set to scrolling="no". I looked at your Html pages and I couldn't find the Nabble javascript code. Try putting it inside this page:
http://web.me.com/roeykirk/HonorNurses.Org/Message_Boards.html

Re: vertical scrolling

Roey K.
Hi and thank you for the info. Here's the code that's on the page you recommended.

HonorNurses.Org
<script src="http://n2.nabble.com/embed/f3125795"></script>
It looks like the plone forum automatically creates a new page when one fills up. Correct? I'll try to create some additional posts to seeif this works.

Re: vertical scrolling

Roey K.
And when I open a post via Safari, the bottom of the post is cut off.

Re: vertical scrolling

Roey K.
I just talked to Apple and they said I would have better luck if I used a hyperlink to open the forum in a new window that was hosted by Nabble. Is this possible?

Re: vertical scrolling

Roey K. wrote
It looks like the plone forum automatically creates a new page when one fills up. Correct? I'll try to create some additional posts to seeif this works.
No. It is Nabble that does that. Our embedding code handles everything, except the nested frames you have in your pages (which probably has scrolling="no" as I said before).

Re: vertical scrolling

On the plone forum?
It usually takes 2-3 seconds to show the rest of the page.

Re: vertical scrolling

Here is how it looks: HonorNurses.Org
It works, but won't be embedded.

Re: vertical scrolling

Roey K.
Hugo, I did what you said and I got the following. I tried with and without brackets <> Thanks for replying.

HTTP ERROR: 404

NOT_FOUND
RequestURI=/HonorNurses.Org-f3125795.html%22%20target=%22_new%22%3EHonorNurses.Org

Re: vertical scrolling

Hugo <Nabble>
Did you put that code in your HTML page?
If yes, please post a link to that page so that I can take a look.

Re: vertical scrolling

Roey K.
Thanks to you and apple, I have it working. It's not embedded, but I'm fine with that because it is bigger and will be easier to work with in it's full size (as opposed to embedded). We used part of the code you gave me beginning with <http://..... html> and set it up as a hyperlink that opens in a new window. It works, I'm happy, and am most grateful for you hanging in there with me.I know enough to be dangerous.

p.s. I didn't know what you meant by "post a link to your HTML page" or I would have complied. Sorry.

plone.org is no longer exemplary of a flexible width environment

Graham Perrin
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Nabble forums resize the space automatically (e.g., visit http://plone.org/support/forums and see how it works)
The new style <http://plone.org/support/forums> is not elastic, I pretty much stopped using Plone forums after they forced Nabble into the to fixed width design, which is way too narrow for me. <http://old.plone.org/support/forums> is much more usable but I'm too easily forced from there into the fixed width environment.

Re: vertical scrolling

Rhapsodic Global
I appreciate the knowledge that I should be able to override the macro and turn scrolling on, but I tried finding the macro with scrolling in it and changing that but it did not work? I have a forum widget embedded on my website and hope to allow a scroll bar to help people see the forum. I plan on paying for advertising free forums if I can manage to make them look good, and lots of them!

Thank you.

Rhapsodic Global

Re: vertical scrolling

GregChapman
You've picked a very old topic on which to post and I'm not sure the information here remains good. Also I don't fully understand your question.

These days when people refer to scrolling the answer is usually found here:
http://x6.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=48

I hope I've guessed right.

Re: vertical scrolling

Rhapsodic Global
I don't believe those answered my question, forgive me if I am wrong though, I'm still fairly new to coding. I am asking about allowing a user to scroll up and down the babble widget, so that when a post opens up to be too large - it is not cut off and unavailable at the bottom of the widget.

I appreciate Nabble by the way, what a great community of volunteers and developers, I really appreciate the terms of use being so legit.

Re: vertical scrolling

GregChapman
I don't recognise your term "widget" in this context, but I'm guessing that your forum is embedded in another site and what you are describing is a situation where that site has been set only to allow a certain area for display of the embedded forum. If that is the case then you need to change things on the main site to allow the area in which the forum to enlarge appropriately.

Users of the likes of Weebly and Wix often have this problem and it is invariably solved through changing how they have embedded the forum. I have no knowledge of how to do such things on those platforms.