Scrolling

Re: vertical scrolling

Rhapsodic Global
Thanks, the widget is on my website "www.RhapsodicGlobal.org/communities.html" and I will try to resize and change the forum, though I do not believe that is my issue because I have the forum covering almost an entire page. Thank you for the feedback though. My question is how do I allow my forum to scroll up and down from within the widget, so that the widget isn't cut short with no way to scroll down to the missing section.

On Oct 17, 2016, at 2:34 AM, GregChapman [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I don't recognise your term "widget" in this context, but I'm guessing that your forum is embedded in another site and what you are desribing is a situation where that site has been set only to allow a certain area for display of the embedded forum. If that is the case then you need to change things on the main site to allow the area in which the forum to enlarge appropriately.

Users of the likes of Weebly and Wix often have this problem and it is invariably solved through changing how they have embedded the forum. I have no knowledge of how to do such things on those platforms.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

http://support.nabble.com/Scrolling-tp2426552p7597420.html
To unsubscribe from Scrolling, click here.
NAML

Re: vertical scrolling

Rhapsodic Global wrote
Thanks, the widget is on my website "www.RhapsodicGlobal.org/communities.html" and I will try to resize and change the forum, though I do not believe that is my issue because I have the forum covering almost an entire page. Thank you for the feedback though. My question is how do I allow my forum to scroll up and down from within the widget, so that the widget isn't cut short with no way to scroll down to the missing section.
If you check where you have embedded the code for your forum you will see it is within this structure:
<script src="http://rhapsodic-global-community.2344032.n4.nabble.com/embed/f1"></script></div>
Elsewhere in your code you will see that that division is styled with this code:
.wsb-htmlsnippet-element{width:1000px;height:1405px;overflow:hidden;margin:auto}
As you can probably see, this code fixes the height of that section of your page at 1405 pixels and sets any overflow to remain hidden and not to scroll. (I confess that the division looks much smaller than 1405 pixels, so I have probably missed some other code that further affects this part of your page.)

However, it does mean that Nabble's forum itself is behaving as expected and your problem is with your main site. I see from the code that the site has been created with the Go Daddy Website Builder. I guess that could mean that editing the code directly is not possible. I have never used the software you are using so cannot advise on how to correct the problem. You will need to get help from Go Daddy to sort this out.

Re: vertical scrolling

Rhapsodic Global
You have helped me well, thank you. I am currently working on expanding and plan on using another platform. Take care.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:42 PM, GregChapman [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Rhapsodic Global wrote
[...]

However, it does mean that Nabble's forum itself is behaving as expected and your problem is with your main site. I see from the code that the site has been created with the Go Daddy Website Builder. I guess that could mean means that editing the code directly is not possible. I have never used the software you are using so cannot advise on how to correct the problem. You will need to get help from Go Daddy to sort this out.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

http://support.nabble.com/Scrolling-tp2426552p7597424.html
To unsubscribe from Scrolling, click here.
NAML

12